Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2018, 10:43 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
All LNBs on the dish require a DC current sent through the coax (RG-6) to power the LNB. 95% of the splitters sold block DC current. DirecTV sells green line splitters with a red lug that will pass DC current. To my knowledge that is one of the few splitters that can do so. So remove the coax panel that has the OTA amplifier switch on it, and the splitter will be located on a pigtale close to the plate. That splitter must be bypassed or replaced with a green line. After that, a DirecTV wireless system does away with coax or HDMI cables to the TV sets (upto 3).

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Once you get it figured out: make sure that you get it pointed at the proper satellite...

[emoji38]
Damn you Bob. Now ill be watching My Favotite Martian all night
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860

Why not smile at each and every chance?
(By the way: that was the FIRST episode... )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #24

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Why not smile at each and every chance?
(By the way: that was the FIRST episode... )
I agree and it was a great show. Brings back lots of memories
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #25

State: Illinois
THOR #4121
Satellite in fix

I took the easy way, I bought 2 "flat coax" cables from Amazon which allowed me to run my satellite feed into my bedroom through a window which can close and lock because of the flat cable. I then used the 2nd flat coax to run the feed to my antenna/cable fitting on the outside of my camper through the same window. Turn off the signal booster for the antenna, tune the T.V.'s to cable channel 3 and every T.V. works like being at home. Grand total of $10.00 for the cables without cutting or splicing or fighting coax.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #26

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Better HDMI Switch?

RE: My March 15th post
I decided to add a dedicated satellite connection. The install went well. I put the connector (from Amazon which matches the THOR cable connector on the driver's side) between the door and the box to the door's (facing it) right. Then went up thru the floor under the couch, up the wall behind the right-side (facing it) couch arm, then up to the vertical window valance. Only about a foot of small diameter raceway shows between the couch arm and the valance. Then from there up into the cabinet above the couch where the electronics are. Took a while to get past the "can't find satellite" and "can only find one satellite" messages but finally got it all working.

In keeping with THOR's corner-cutting philosophy, the 4X2 HDMI switch is not very impressive. The Wally won't wake up the switch so I have to turn the Blu-ray player on/off to make it register an input. After that it works fine. Anyone have any recommendations for a good economical 4X2 switch?
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #27

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleDan View Post
Anyone have any recommendations for a good economical 4X2 switch?
We purchased this 4x4 True Matrix switch from Amazon and love it.

https://www.amazon.com/AVENK-Matrix-...dmi+matrix+4x4
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #28

Model: RC25
State: Florida
THOR #11860
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCarillon View Post
Berry you have an antenna booster/switch plate. If you are watching TV from the Antenna it is using the COAX connection not the HDMI. This Booster/switch plate It has 3 cables attached to it. 1 is the cable coming in from the Antenna, there is also cable coming from the outside of the coach which is the 2 inputs into the booster/switch plate. the 3rd cable should run to a splitter that has 3 cables out which run to all 3 TVS. When the plate is switched in the on position you are getting the signal from the antenna to your tvs. With this switch in the off position you are getting a signal from your Outside Cable. Now what I did was buy a 1 input to 2 output Coax Splitter I unhooked the outside coax from the plate and installed it on the input of the splitter. I then ran one output to the back of the plate switch to complete that circuit again and then the other output went to my DishNet receiver. I then ran the HDMI from the receiver to the HDMI splitter since its a 2 input switch box. Does this make sense
NO You lost me and I HAVE DONE it b4!
Old 07-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #29

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Arizona
THOR #11853
Ok this is for a Windsport 31S. I just bought and had my Dish Winegard dome mounted on the roof and a outside jack to attach my Tailgater, when my roof is blocked. My AV cabinet is next to my frig above the microwave. The installer drilled a hole through the false wall, near the plug for the microwave, to gain access behind the frig, allowing him to cable from the roof, down the frig vent,w/o having to drill a hole into the roof.

Inside the AV cabinet he mounted a splitter, only to separate the roof/Portable Antenna. Signal out goes to the AV switch box.

On the B side of the splitter he routed another cable to a weather tight coaxial box, which he mounted on the outside frig access door. Hope this makes sense, it's clean and neat and has been working great.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:04 AM   #30

Model: WindSport 31S
State: New Hampshire
THOR #18566
I tried this same splitter and ran a coax to my wally receiver using the Dish Playmaker and it will find the the satellites but will not get any signal. I have to run the cable directly from the sat to the receiver to get a signal then I can hook it back up to the rv hook up and it works fine not sure why I have to do that? Anyone have any ideas on this?
Old 04-27-2020, 01:21 AM   #31

THOR #18566
I tried this same splitter and ran a coax to my wally receiver using the Dish Playmaker and it will find the the satellites but will not get any signal. I have to run the cable directly from the sat to the receiver to get a signal then I can hook it back up to the rv hook up and it works fine not sure why I have to do that? Any ideas?
Old 05-09-2020, 11:50 PM   #32

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
I tried this same splitter and ran a coax to my wally receiver using the Dish Playmaker and it will find the the satellites but will not get any signal. I have to run the cable directly from the sat to the receiver to get a signal then I can hook it back up to the rv hook up and it works fine not sure why I have to do that? Any ideas?
Did you ever solve your problem?
Your issue probably has something to do with...
> type of coax you are using
> type of splitter

I’ve found that Satellite TV can be finicky.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:56 PM   #33

THOR #18566
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Did you ever solve your problem?
Your issue probably has something to do with...
> type of coax you are using
> type of splitter

I’ve found that Satellite TV can be finicky.
Yes I have it all up and running now. I had to do some modifications to the wiring to get everything to work the way I wanted it to. The playmaker doesn't like any splitters.
Thanks