Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I would have a scheduled service with the dealer that will accept you, even if many months out, as you have already established that you have these warranty problems - it would still be a warranty item, no matter how 'long' the dealer, or Thor, takes to fix it...

then I would search out local 'RV Service' business, not dealers, but those who actually ONLY work on RVs for their pay. THEY will be your friends, and they will work for THOR warranty just like any other 'dealer' would. THOR cannot demand that you only use 'their' dealers, nor anyone specifically. Send THOR an email, spell out your issues, let them know you want it covered by your warranty, and that you need their help in getting it resolved, in a LOCAL area, within a reasonable time. You have then set your warranty into motion, even if your warranty has technically expired by the time someone can repair it, as long as you are intent on making it happen in a timely matter.

I contacted THOR when I had a slide issue. The main 20' slide would no longer retract properly all the way at the rear. We were in South Carolina, on a business trip to California over the next week. THOR suggested that they send over a mobile repair service, but we had to leave to stay on our schedule.

We were camped for an extended time at a CA state park that did not allow service to be performed on site. We also didn't want to change our plans, so Thor also gave us the option of bringing it to their own Thor Service Center in Wakarusa, IN, a month later. Since we could manage that in our schedule, and even though we drove thru snow and ice thru Nevada, Utah, and other states on the way to Wakarusa, we liked the idea of having Thor's own service center take care of the full-wall slide motor/gear/shaft/rail/column replacement. They also have a great free on-site rv park with full 50amp service, while you wait, and they pick up your coach at 7am and return it at 4pm, all done!
Even with this later appointment at the service center, and though technically past our warranty, they knew that we had already made our 'claim' for the warranty work, but it just took them that long to get us in.
Also, the small amount of the rear of the slide being out made no difference while traveling, it was only 1-2 inches.

TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:39 AM   #22

State: California
THOR #14070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
I personally don’t put a ton of stock in Yelp reviews. Several have posted terrible reviews about my local dealer. My experience has been great. Somebody that goes into a service department with a s..t attitude because they are pissed about the problems with their coach are not going to get the jump through hoop response one gets when one is pleasant and understands the service people are only trying to do their job. A thank you and a smile go a long way, especially these days with a society full of angry at the world peeps!

You were right. I must say the negative Yelp reviews seem off. The guys couldn’t have been more helpful and polite. He said they’d have me back on the road this Friday, which would be awesome albeit optimistic I think, and gave me no guff about honoring my extended warranty. We shall see; I would love to give them a positive review at the end of all this.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:04 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Thor class c outlaw
THOR #18162
Mike Thompson RV in Santa Fe Springs has a large service department and has been doing good work on my Thor warranty.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:43 AM   #24

THOR #18020
Service

I purchased my .agnitude BH 35 so.e 2500 miles from ny home. I did this because the price was substantially lower. I put 9000 miles on and require sone Thor warranty work on multiple small issues. I contacted the CW and hour from my home and they told me it was a 4 month wait. They referred me tk the next CW dealer 1.5 hours away. They informed me that it would be a three month wait because i didnt purchase it there. I found the next CW dealer i milage which was 2.5 hours from home. They gave me an appt for several days out. Keep looking. Thor has a site that gives you authorized service centers.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:52 AM   #25

THOR #14070
Closing up this thread, as I mentioned I found a place that took me in right away. I dropped it off on Monday afternoon, they had me back on the road on Wednesday morning.

The folks there were friendly and knowledgeable. They had an opportunity to hose me on the A/C unit, or to swap it out and do a warranty claim (for which I’d be paying the $500 deductible). They didn’t; they just did the 1 hour job of repairing it. I’m on my way over to Yelp to give them 5-Stars.

It was Niel’s RV in North Hills (Van Nuys/Panorama City area). Thankfully they have a huge spiked fence around their facility! [emoji23]

Thanks to everyone here for the input.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:48 AM   #26
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofabio View Post
Closing up this thread, as I mentioned I found a place that took me in right away. I dropped it off on Monday afternoon, they had me back on the road on Wednesday morning.

The folks there were friendly and knowledgeable. They had an opportunity to hose me on the A/C unit, or to swap it out and do a warranty claim (for which I’d be paying the $500 deductible). They didn’t; they just did the 1 hour job of repairing it. I’m on my way over to Yelp to give them 5-Stars.

It was Niel’s RV in North Hills (Van Nuys/Panorama City area). Thankfully they have a huge spiked fence around their facility! [emoji23]

You might want to also go out to RV Service Reviews and post a review as well.

RV Service Reviews
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:13 AM   #27

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofabio View Post

Outstanding! Happy everything worked out for the best. I’m sure the service department will welcome positive reviews.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #28

THOR #18032
I spoke with Thor right before I bought my Sequence because I was told by my local dealer that they would NOT service my new RV unless I bought it from them. My local dealer was $3,200 higher than another dealer in SoCal and they wouldn't budge even $100 on the price. Thor said that the dealers CAN refuse to work on your vehicle whether it's under warranty or not.

I will never go that dealership again, by the way, it's a dealer in Ventura, CA.

I have recently found a Mobile Service person and I will use him for my repairs from now on. I however, did take my Thor back to the original dealership in San Diego to have a few things fixed since they give you a 30-day appointment to address any issues after your purchase.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #29

THOR #18032
I spoke with Thor and they said that dealers can refuse to work on your vehicle if you didn't purchase it from them. They are independent and can do whatever they like Thor said.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #30

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Bypass the Warranty Wait Repair

I got fed up with the same thing a year ago. I called Thor and they authorized me to take it anywhere I wanted for work and they would reimburse me. So after that when work was needed under warranty, I called Thor, got an authorization number via email, had repairs done and paid it out of pocket, emailed receipt to Thor referencing authorization number, 30 days later a check comes in the mail.

So much better than waiting.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:56 PM   #31

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #9543
I purchased mine from Wheels RV in Arkansas, and the DRV dealers in and around central Texas won’t touch it. Same reason as above; they service their vehicles, and no others. I normally do my own work, anyway, and didn’t care, but that time had a bent MorRyde spindle that had to be replaced. DRV authorized an independent shop.
2017 36RSSB3--2012 F350 KR, LWB, SRW, bilsteins, 1 1/4" anti sway bar, bilstein steering stabilizer, airlift air bags, on board wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, all synthetic fluids; KEM, Tyrant, and PIP tunes with SCT X4 programming, G37 2017 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission and torque convertor, Edge CTS gauge monitoring.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:04 PM   #32

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
I got fed up with the same thing a year ago. I called Thor and they authorized me to take it anywhere I wanted for work and they would reimburse me. So after that when work was needed under warranty, I called Thor, got an authorization number via email, had repairs done and paid it out of pocket, emailed receipt to Thor referencing authorization number, 30 days later a check comes in the mail.
Thanks to Doglovers for giving proofs of how easy it can be. No rumor or guess, Doglovers just made a call and that's all.
Now there's one less thing to bash Thor about....

It is exactly this easy. It has always been exactly this easy.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:43 PM   #33

THOR #18032
That's what I'm going to do from now on after the dealer that sold it to me finishes a repair that needed a part to be ordered.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #34
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post

I did the same thing for mobile service on the shakedown cruise with the Challenger a number of years ago. There are two very important points to the process.

1. Get authorization and an authorization number before work begins. Sometimes this requires getting an estimate of cost before Thor will authorize the repair.

2. You must pay first and then request reimbursement. Thor will not reimburse the service center directly. Thor cuts reimbursement checks one day per week and their internal payment approval process may take a couple of weeks depending on when your requests enters the process cycle.

For us, it took five weeks before we received our reimbursement from Thor.

As a note, if your selling dealer is in the general area chances are Thor will not reimburse for an independent dealer unless you can prove the selling dealer's service has been unable to repair the coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:21 PM   #35

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I did the same thing for mobile service on the shakedown cruise with the Challenger a number of years ago. There are two very important points to the process.

1. Get authorization and an authorization number before work begins. Sometimes this requires getting an estimate of cost before Thor will authorize the repair.

2. You must pay first and then request reimbursement. Thor will not reimburse the service center directly. Thor cuts reimbursement checks one day per week and their internal payment approval process may take a couple of weeks depending on when your requests enters the process cycle.

For us, it took five weeks before we received our reimbursement from Thor.
Can you make this, or a version of this, as a sticky so we can direct people to it instead of reading the same stuff about appointments at cw over and over?

It'd sure be nice to have:
This sticky
And
'How to post a picture and post it upright' sticky(if it doesn't exit already)
I'll write a picture sticky if no one else what's to.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:34 AM   #36

THOR #18032
I called Anthony and he actually picks up the phone. I'm going to use him from now on for all my repairs.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/brewers-mob...obile+rv+reair
Old 02-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #37

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Thanks to Doglovers for giving proofs of how easy it can be. No rumor or guess, Doglovers just made a call and that's all.
Now there's one less thing to bash Thor about....

It is exactly this easy. It has always been exactly this easy.
One less thing to bash Thor about?? Maybe you’re right. Once you accept that the RV industry has the lowest quality, reliability, build standards and overall customer satisfaction than any other American industry, its easy!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote