Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #1281

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Wyoming
THOR #5901
Gemini Electrical Issue

Have a problem with the electrical system in my 2016 Gemini. The lights in the bed area, bathroom and over the sofa along with both of the recharging stations no longer are working. Everything else is working okay. Checked the breakers and all are okay. It started with the lights flickering then just went out. Just got back from our trip last evening and will need to winterize and then figure out my problems. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #1282

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Electrical Issues

Sounds like a fuse problem but with electrical issues If would take it to an RV shop who have the proper testers.
Coveman2
Old 10-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #1283

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMike View Post
Have a problem with the electrical system in my 2016 Gemini. The lights in the bed area, bathroom and over the sofa along with both of the recharging stations no longer are working. Everything else is working okay. Checked the breakers and all are okay. It started with the lights flickering then just went out. Just got back from our trip last evening and will need to winterize and then figure out my problems. Any suggestions are very welcome.
Some of us have had a problem with the slide pulling the wiring loose underneath as it deploys --you might look for that (RV Tech required).
I had a problem with my outlets not working and once I'd reset the GFI in the bathroom --all was resolved. Nancy
Old 10-02-2019, 10:36 PM   #1284

State: Arizona
THOR #13926
Hi Nancy,
I can tell you what my same problem was.
One of the 2 coach batteries was bad and kept draining the good battery.
I finally replaced the 2 50 amp hour batteries with one AGR 100 Amp hour battery.
Worked for me. Maybe worth a battery check at batteries plus.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:39 PM   #1285

State: Arizona
THOR #13926
Also, dont rely on the 4 little lights showing the battery strength, when the engine is running it will show a full charge because it is reading the voltage from the alternator.
I am still betting you may have 1 bad battery.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:36 AM   #1286

THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipmsp View Post
Also, dont rely on the 4 little lights showing the battery strength, when the engine is running it will show a full charge because it is reading the voltage from the alternator.
I am still betting you may have 1 bad battery.
Thanks lipmsp, I did not check for that and so I have bought a Battery Hydrometer. Nancy
Old 10-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #1287

Model: Compass 23TR
State: New York
THOR #8465
Sun Roof Molding and Murphy bed unfolding

Hello _ i know i've previously read similar posts regarding the -

1) sun roof (shade) bezel drooping, but darned if I can locate a fix. We're 3 years in, and while it's never been tight, it's always held - but those day are over. Hanging by a thread. Is it just a matter of tightening the mounting - I can feel what might be a screw on the one corner hanging loose, but cant seem to find where it goes. Do i need to take the whole thing down - anyone have pictures? suggestions?

2) bed unfolding while driving. I can foresee perhaps a compression rods across the width, but was wondering if someone had a better idea?

3) havent seen any posts on this, but have had upper cabinets pop open while driving a couple times. anyone have clever latching ideas?

thanks in advance
Old 10-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #1288

THOR #8465
Did you get any good answers on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
Dennis
If you find out how to remove these fasteners please post here. I’ve traced a lot of annoying rattling behind this panel. Afraid to force anything as these panels are problematic.
Hugh
Did you get any good answers on this?
Old 10-06-2019, 04:07 AM   #1289

State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kennedy View Post

1) sun roof (shade) bezel drooping, but darned if I can locate a fix. We're 3 years in, and while it's never been tight, it's always held - but those day are over. Hanging by a thread. Is it just a matter of tightening the mounting - I can feel what might be a screw on the one corner hanging loose, but cant seem to find where it goes. Do i need to take the whole thing down - anyone have pictures? suggestions?

2) bed unfolding while driving. I can foresee perhaps a compression rods across the width, but was wondering if someone had a better idea?

3) havent seen any posts on this, but have had upper cabinets pop open while driving a couple times. anyone have clever latching ideas?

thanks in advance
As for the bed I have used a compression rod from nearly day one and have never had a problem. Used the rod a couple times as a cloths line while sitting in a camp ground.

As for the cabinets popping open I have not had that problem as the springs hold a lot of tension. I did have issues with the screws letting go and actually had a cabinet door over the couch land on my head. I fixed that issue, see picture.

And the shade issue. Mine droops on the forward edge. I am going to put a couple decorative button screws into thee aluminum rail behind it. The rear edge was an issue when I bought the Gemini and the dealer stuck it up after several try. I think they used velcro but I am not about to pull it down to find out.

Hope it all sorts out for you.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1570334643
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2755.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	20687  
Old 10-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #1290

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Quick question,
I have been keeping the gemi under a pavilion during winter in back yard with use switch off. I would periodically check battery and run generator to top everything off. Now, I have a 30 amp. Outlet that I keep pluged in with use switch on. Question is , would it be advisable to put a small electric heater in rv during winter. Here in Illinois , last year we had several weeks of 20 below. My main concerns are fire hazard, wear and tear on constant electric use , and creating a nice warm place for vermin to live.
All comments are welcome.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #1291

THOR #8465
if the rv is winterized, and it should be, I would not run a heater unattended
Old 10-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #1292

THOR #13224
This will be the first year I have not removed the coach batteries and my plan is to plug it in once a week for a day and charge the batteries but will check them for water level every month and top up if needed. I would also not run an electric heater but do also run a smart charger for the chassis batteries.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 10-07-2019, 08:45 PM   #1293

THOR #14621
I have to park at a storage facility. I have a solar panel for the coach and a separate solar trickle charger for the chassis.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #1294

THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
Quick question,
I have been keeping the gemi under a pavilion during winter in back yard with use switch off. I would periodically check battery and run generator to top everything off. Now, I have a 30 amp. Outlet that I keep pluged in with use switch on. Question is , would it be advisable to put a small electric heater in rv during winter. Here in Illinois , last year we had several weeks of 20 below. My main concerns are fire hazard, wear and tear on constant electric use , and creating a nice warm place for vermin to live.
All comments are welcome.
I have run an electric heater, set at pretty well the lowest temp, while in storage (backyard) so checked almost daily...no issues with the heater. Recently discovered rodent and wiring problem so last cold season I could have been inviting critters. Now I run a sonic rodent deterrent as well as the heater while in storage. Nancy
Old 10-09-2019, 04:48 AM   #1295

Model: Compass 23TK
State: Indiana
THOR #10919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kennedy View Post

thanks in advance
I posted about the bezel hanging down on one corner last spring. I gave up on finding a way to repair an apparent screw that had come lose in one corner as I did not want to risk making the problem worse. Fix was adding a small decorative screw near the corner where I could tell the new screw had something to grab onto. The extra screw is hardly noticeable and has been holding through many trips. Pretty much forgot about it until seeing this post. Have not had any other issues with the rig since fixing this problem. Determined that the last annoying driving rattle was a lose bottom panel on the screen door and took care of that with a bead of clear caulking. Have not had an issue with the top cabinets opening while driving, but early on a couple of the drawers were opening. Turned out to be a simple fix by adjusting the latches. I have come to the realization that sometimes trying to make the perfect fix is not always the safe way to go when you see that you can make an issue worse than it is and adding a screw here or there to fix a problem is often the best solution.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:08 AM   #1296

THOR #10919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coveman2 View Post
This will be the first year I have not removed the coach batteries and my plan is to plug it in once a week for a day and charge the batteries but will check them for water level every month and top up if needed. I would also not run an electric heater but do also run a smart charger for the chassis batteries.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
I left my shore power plugged in all winter with the battery switch on to keep the battery charged. I just used a 20 to 30 amp adapter as the converter does not pull very much current. Just do not run the air conditioner while hooked up to the 20 amp standard house circuit. Other than that, ran the engine and generator once a month, for their health not the batteries, avoiding doing it on the very cold, below zero days. As far as heat, I would be concerned about the mice looking for some warmth. Can't believe its that time of the year again. Seems like I was just de-winterizing it yesterday. May be able to squeeze in one more trip or two before the temperature requires winterizing.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:07 PM   #1297

Model: Gemini 23tb
State: Georgia
THOR #16970
I can only find the drain from the water holding tank in my Gemini, to winterize are there other low level water drains or bypass valves?
Old 10-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #1298

THOR #13224
Drain

The only one I know of is in the sewer hose compartment.. Its best to open a tap to let air into the tank. I usually just turn on the outdoor shower taps.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 10-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #1299

THOR #10919
Quote:
Originally Posted by carver Gary View Post
I can only find the drain from the water holding tank in my Gemini, to winterize are there other low level water drains or bypass valves?
That was the only drain valve I was able to find when I winterized for the first time last year. I read that a little liquid left in the fresh, gray, and black tanks will not cause an issue if they freeze. It got to 30 below here last winter at which point I was thinking, I hope I did it right, but all was well come spring. I blew out the lines with air and pumped antifreeze through the lines when I did mine. I appreciated that everything was easy to get to and a bypass was already in place to get the antifreeze pumped through the lines. Winterizing was a fairly simple task.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #1300

State: Yukon
THOR #13409
It will vary from model to model. On my Compass 23TR, there's the fresh water drain and two low level water drains - one for hot and one for cold. To get to mine, I had to pull out the drawer under the microwave and they were right there.
If you don't mind crawling around under your rig, look for two uncapped pipes pointing straight down. Those would be the low water drains. Take note of where they are. Then go inside and see if you can get to them.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall