Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw
State: Illinois
THOR #7298
wish I too. did a test, my 29H 2017 is not a nice sleeper with the wife. we , (showing pugs) should of went with the 29 outlaw (non toy hauler) and purchased a small toy hauler travel trailer, and pulled it when we went to shows

Old 10-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #22

Model: Outlaw 38MB
State: Florida
THOR #7397
We have a 37 BG, when we got it I had a broken foot so I slept on the pull out to make a full bed sofa and hubrvdriver slept on the cab over bunk. He said it was very uncomfortable. We can not use it for storage as it has about 1 inch to the ceiling when fully up. We now sleep in the garage, I use the drop down bunk, he uses the couches made into a long queen. I am fine on the bunk, we put a 3 inch memory foam topper on the couches and it is fine, too. We bought the BG for the garage space, but next year we may get a Seneca and tow a trailer. He wants a real bedroom.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That Murphy Bed is just too cool for School!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:33 AM   #24

Model: Maybe an Outlaw GP
State: Arkansas
THOR #8339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Congrats on picking YOUR Outlaw GP!
We can see how the living room can be wide open with opposing slides.
Love the dual exterior decks.
And, no wasted space with no mid-room is best for us too

Did you get the new for 2019 "three season patio doors" on the back ramp/deck?

Are you thinking to mainly sleep in the front drop-down bunk or loft (skybunk)?
The front bunk stops at the top of the captains chairs right?

Either way, you can experiment when you get it home.

Safe Outlaw Travels

Yes. Got the three season doors. Very cool. They have black plastic panels and seal well enough that the garage become another room even with the rear door dropped down.

I ordered a better mattress for the front drop down bunk. Had to choose a 6” one because I experimented and the bunk would not fully raise with 8”.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:08 AM   #25

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy80to04 View Post
wish I too. did a test, my 29H 2017 is not a nice sleeper with the wife. we , (showing pugs) should of went with the 29 outlaw (non toy hauler) and purchased a small toy hauler travel trailer, and pulled it when we went to shows
I have the '17 29H as well, and with the addition of a very dense Tempurpedic mattress topper, the overhead cab is (and Im not joking) THE most comfortable bed I've ever had. The day before a trip I find myself smiling and thinking "yea, I get to sleep in the RV tomorrow!" There are other drawbacks to having to crawl up there, but comfortable sleeping isnt one of them for me.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #26

State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
I have a 2018 37rb. The back bedroom mattress is very comfortable. We put a 3-inch topper on it and it is excellent to sleep on. When the last camping trip my grandson's fell asleep with their grandma in our bed. I slept in The Loft. It was very comfortable for me however I wouldn't want to do it every night. I am 69 years old. I am very comfortable with the 37rb and I take my full dresser with me in the back garage
Old 10-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #27

Model: Outlaw 37BG
State: Alabama
THOR #9202
Not sure if this has been answered already, but we have the 37BG, so no bedroom.

-front bunk: full size, nice for one not too tall person. Have to climb a ladder and crawl over someone. Not ideal. Schwintec mechanism, wants to become misaligned when used. Hard to lock. Only when we have a guest is it used.

-rear queen lift bed, Happijack. Must climb a ladder and crawl over someone. Not ideal. Much more robust than Schwintec. We use it in up position for storage now.

-Happijack couches - removed cushions, built two twin beds, much easier than ladders and crawling over people. Rises when the car is in the garage.

None of the beds have the original mattresses.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:11 PM   #28

Model: Maybe an Outlaw GP
State: Arkansas
THOR #8339
I am thinking that rebuilding or replacing the couch will be the best long term solution. Haven’t tried to drop down cab bunk yet. Just got a better mattress for it today.