RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2018, 02:34 AM   #3181
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,149
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Use an air gun with brad nails. I held it in place my buddy shot the gun

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That should hold it down in place for sure Jerry. Have fun and good luck fishing!!!!

__________________

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:37 AM   #3182
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
Posts: 21
THOR #618
Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks, I'm still alive even after the pictures.



Don't won't to hurt your feelings Jerry, but it was 36 here this morning. Did warm up to 80 in Colorado. Glad the AC is working for you.


Thanks again for all the tips.


Jim
__________________

__________________
2013 Hurricane, Toad 2014 Jeep
cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #3183
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,769
THOR #3156
We fished today from 1 to 3. Nice breeze going plus we were in three feet of water. I got 3, my buddy got 2, and his kids got 1 each for a total of 8 trout. Not real big but they will be good for dinner tonight.


So i have a problem and hopefully someone will have a suggestion

The cg has cable. Bedroom tv found the channels no problem. The living Room tv cant find any channels. I tried to find channels with the antenna and nothing.


The antenna i push the power button nothing.

It worked fine at home on antenna but gere at cg nothing.


Anyone????

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:45 AM   #3184
Senior Member
 
BandG's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 222
THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
We fished today from 1 to 3. Nice breeze going plus we were in three feet of water. I got 3, my buddy got 2, and his kids got 1 each for a total of 8 trout. Not real big but they will be good for dinner tonight.


So i have a problem and hopefully someone will have a suggestion

The cg has cable. Bedroom tv found the channels no problem. The living Room tv cant find any channels. I tried to find channels with the antenna and nothing.


The antenna i push the power button nothing.

It worked fine at home on antenna but gere at cg nothing.


Anyone????

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
did you try to re-seat the cables to the TV?
__________________
Bryce, Gracia & Shadow (4 yr old mini-Daschund mix)
US Army vet- 82nd Airborne Div
BandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:55 AM   #3185
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,769
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandG View Post
did you try to re-seat the cables to the TV?
Yep undid all cables and reattached. Nothing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:56 AM   #3186
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
The antenna i push the power button nothing.
I forget...did you replace all 3? You might also try to see what you get on the outside TV. Not that this solves your problem -- but then you'd know whether the campground signal is (or isn't) getting to just the BR tv, and then go from there.

Maybe also doing a factory reset on the unit?

Good luck with the TVs. You don't seem to need it with the fish

Kent
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:52 AM   #3187
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,769
THOR #3156
Yep replaced all 3 tvs. I checked the outside tv and its working as it should. So to 2 samsungs work the vizio doesnt. What i dont get it the vizio wont even get over the air stations.

It worked at the last 2 cg with cable so i know it has the turner.

Hmmm just thought of something. Isnt there 2 different tuners???

This cg has some old stuff. I wonder if their cable uses an old tuner that the vizio does recognize.

And if plugged in to tge cg cable would that affect the over the air cable connection.

Guess thats a few things i can look at
tomorrow .


Keep posting your suggestions. Thanks

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #3188
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Yep replaced all 3 tvs. I checked the outside tv and its working as it should. So to 2 samsungs work the vizio doesnt. What i dont get it the vizio wont even get over the air stations.

It worked at the last 2 cg with cable so i know it has the turner.

Hmmm just thought of something. Isnt there 2 different tuners???

This cg has some old stuff. I wonder if their cable uses an old tuner that the vizio does recognize.

And if plugged in to tge cg cable would that affect the over the air cable connection.

Guess thats a few things i can look at
tomorrow .
It is possible that the Vizio does not have a QAM tuner and the campground uses QAM cable. But that should not affect the over the air signal pickup unless you forgot to switch on the antenna booster.


It is usually the little things. Good luck!
__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #3189
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,769
THOR #3156
Im pretty sure it has the qam. It work at the last 2 cg we stays at.

Yes i pushed the button for antenna. Ill ask in the office about the turner and see if unpkug2ging the cable from outside will then ket the tv get over the air channels

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #3190
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,769
THOR #3156
Called vizio to confirm qam eventhough i know it has it. They confirmed it did.

Vizio suggested to by pass cable coming in to tv. So i ran cable from cg outlet directly to tv. It worked. 80 channels found.

So this means my cable from the booster to the tv is bad. I already checked all the connection.

Hopefully thor did not zip tie or tape all 3 cables together. If they did it will be a pain to run a new 10 ft cable. If they didnt then it will be an easy fix

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:24 PM   #3191
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,149
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Called vizio to confirm qam eventhough i know it has it. They confirmed it did.

Vizio suggested to by pass cable coming in to tv. So i ran cable from cg outlet directly to tv. It worked. 80 channels found.

So this means my cable from the booster to the tv is bad. I already checked all the connection.

Hopefully thor did not zip tie or tape all 3 cables together. If they did it will be a pain to run a new 10 ft cable. If they didnt then it will be an easy fix

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Glad you able to figure it out Jerry...by the way, my new tow dolly will be delivered on Monday, July 2nd...give our best to Maria!!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #3192
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Hopefully thor did not zip tie or tape all 3 cables together. If they did it will be a pain to run a new 10 ft cable. If they didnt then it will be an easy fix

Jerry
Glad you were able to figure it out. Hopefully it will be an easy and inexpensive fix. Good detective work!

Kent
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:40 PM   #3193
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Charge line

Hey all you 29Mr's --
Do you happen to know if Thor ran a 12v charge line to the rear 7-pin plug? I need to make sure I have a charge line going from the MH to the toad.

Appreciate any insight/help you can give.
Have a great and safe 4th!
Kent
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:49 PM   #3194
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
Posts: 106
THOR #9747
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Hey all you 29Mr's --
Do you happen to know if Thor ran a 12v charge line to the rear 7-pin plug? I need to make sure I have a charge line going from the MH to the toad.

Appreciate any insight/help you can give.
Have a great and safe 4th!
Kent
My 29M had one.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Thor RV Forum mobile app
__________________
Az Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:02 AM   #3195
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,769
THOR #3156
Mine had one Kent but it wasnt hooked up to power. I dont know where it terminated but most likely in the dash somewhere. I believe its supposed to be powered by the ignition so tge wire should go to the fuse box by tge drivers feet. But again i couldnt find it and thir said id have to pay if i wanted it.

I was going to use the wire for another purpose so i left it alone and ran a new wire myself

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:59 AM   #3196
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post

I was going to use the wire for another purpose so i left it alone and ran a new wire myself

Jerry
Thanks for the head's up. Did you tap into the fuse box you mentioned? I'm thinking I may need to do that if the output at the toad doesn't jump up to 13.5 -- 14volts when I power up the MH, showing that it's actually charging.

GM has amended their instructions on towing the Equinox. There is a different fuse I have to pull and because of that, and because certain things will be powered up in the car, they now say to run a charge line to keep the battery up.

If you did tap into that fuse box, do you remember which fuse you connected with?

Kent
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:00 AM   #3197
Senior Member
 
rmblaster's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
Posts: 154
THOR #3788
My hurricane 31S has one it gets power from the fuse box down by the drivers left foot ( good place thor ) it is hot all the time it is not controlled by the ignition I know because i blew the fuse putting on a new plug on my tow bar cable while plugged in to the 7 way plug (hint to myself never do that again ) it wasnt easy getting to that fuse box

Richard
__________________
Richard M / Carol B
2020 Entegra Accolade 37K
2019 Ford ranger
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:03 AM   #3198
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
My hurricane 31S has one it gets power from the fuse box down by the drivers left foot ( good place thor ) it is hot all the time it is not controlled by the ignition I know because i blew the fuse putting on a new plug on my tow bar cable while plugged in to the 7 way plug (hint to myself never do that again ) it wasnt easy getting to that fuse box

Richard
Thank you, Richard. Do you happen to remember which fuse? (maybe they're numbered...I haven't looked yet. The MH is stored about 10 miles away)

Kent
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:12 AM   #3199
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
Posts: 96
THOR #5647
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Called vizio to confirm qam eventhough i know it has it. They confirmed it did.

Vizio suggested to by pass cable coming in to tv. So i ran cable from cg outlet directly to tv. It worked. 80 channels found.

So this means my cable from the booster to the tv is bad. I already checked all the connection.

Hopefully thor did not zip tie or tape all 3 cables together. If they did it will be a pain to run a new 10 ft cable. If they didnt then it will be an easy fix

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Hey Jerry, I didnít read the entire thread but was curious if you opened up the wall panel in the cabinet behind the antenna booster switch? There is a cable splitter there. On mine, the coax to the dinette TV was so loose it could not get a cable or antenna signal. When I tightened it down, it fixed the problem. Donít know if you already tried that or not.
__________________
TheTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:48 AM   #3200
Senior Member
 
rmblaster's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
Posts: 154
THOR #3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Thank you, Richard. Do you happen to remember which fuse? (maybe they're numbered...I haven't looked yet. The MH is stored about 10 miles away)

Kent
kent here is dia sent to me from thor its F5 a 30 amp mini fuse

[IMG][/IMG]
__________________

__________________
Richard M / Carol B
2020 Entegra Accolade 37K
2019 Ford ranger
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×