RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #4501
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Congratulations Jerry and Maria! What a blessing.

Kent and Pam
__________________

__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #4502
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
House is looking good! Congratulations on the new family member!!! We have a new one due the middle of December, this will be the third boy! Kinda keep hoping for a girl but as long as they’re healthy I don’t really care!!!
__________________

__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:01 PM   #4503
Senior Member
 
DenverTransplant's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
Posts: 388
THOR #5190
Grandkids are great - probably better than their parents. They grow up awfully fast. My three are 5,7 and 9 as of their upcoming birthdays in the next couple of months. It was just last week they were born. The middle one (girl between two boys) was born on our 40th wedding anniversary.

Best part is you get to wind them up and give them back.
__________________
Rick
2017 Thor ACE 30.1
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:07 AM   #4504
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
House is looking good! Congratulations on the new family member!!! We have a new one due the middle of December, this will be the third boy! Kinda keep hoping for a girl but as long as they’re healthy I don’t really care!!!
Agree Dave. Was hoping for a boy to fish with but maybe I can get her into fishing. Either way healthily us all I care about
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:07 AM   #4505
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Grandkids are great



Best part is you get to wind them up and give them back.
That's the plan
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:02 PM   #4506
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 321
THOR #13712
Cngrats toyou all! Grand-kids grow up faster than your own so enjoy every minute you can!
__________________
Chuck and Mary Ann
FMCA, Good Sam Life Member and Thor MC member

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #4507
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Couple more pics from last night at about 18 hrs oldClick image for larger version

Name:	4873.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	20626Attachment 20625
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #4508
Member
 
BattleBorn1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Alaska
Posts: 52
THOR #11264
Congratulations Jerry & Maria (and of course, to the happy parents as well)
__________________
BattleBorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #4509
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 10
THOR #16549
solar battery charger for car battery. master cut off at entry door, on or off
__________________
Rich1339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #4510
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
Posts: 13
THOR #15349
I am looking at the following to put on my dash so I can record everything from the three driving cameras and also maybe adding another cam. Does everyone think it will work. I looked at all the other monitor installs but none of them had a dvr. I think it would be the untilmate dash cam.

7 inch Car Truck Quad Split Monitor Built-in DVR Video Recording 4 Channels Quad Display Front/Left/Right/Back Camera AV Input for Trailer Camper Motorhome - 12V-24V LCD Screen
__________________
DownTheRoadWeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:54 AM   #4511
Senior Member
 
SANDDOG's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.2
State: California
Posts: 133
THOR #14761
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Couple more pics from last night at about 18 hrs oldAttachment 20626Attachment 20625
Hey Jerry congratulations she’s absolutely beautiful
, I am also a grandpa of a 2 1/2 and a one-year-old out of Minnesota although we live in California.
__________________
Miramar 2017 34.2, roadmaster front & rear sway bars, sumo shock, Roadmaster stabilizer bar, Koni shocks, F150 crewcab coyote motor , 2004 40th #26th edition 911, E350 2 door coupe, Mini Paceman 2013 6 speed manual toad/ RV
SANDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:38 AM   #4512
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheRoadWeGo View Post
I am looking at the following to put on my dash so I can record everything from the three driving cameras and also maybe adding another cam. Does everyone think it will work. I looked at all the other monitor installs but none of them had a dvr. I think it would be the untilmate dash cam.

7 inch Car Truck Quad Split Monitor Built-in DVR Video Recording 4 Channels Quad Display Front/Left/Right/Back Camera AV Input for Trailer Camper Motorhome - 12V-24V LCD Screen
Looks interesting. I checked the cable for this unit and its wired basically the same so yes it will work

Why do you want to record everything. Accidents???

32 gig max card gets you 13 hours

I dont know the year or model of your mh. The monitor uses rca plugs so you may have to get 5 pin to rca adapter cables

You can get them at rearviewsafety.com

I guess recording the cameras is not a bad idea if involved in an accident

let us know if you get it


Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:09 PM   #4513
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 2,850
THOR #13932
Look under threads by
TimmyB
He did that exact install recently on the camera system.
He had a tiny bit of trouble, resolved and cure posted.
__________________
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:06 PM   #4514
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,144
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post

Congrats Jerry and Maria!!!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #4515
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 10
THOR #16549
Thumbs up solar charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1339 View Post
solar battery charger for car battery. master cut off at entry door, on or off
__________________
Rich1339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:57 AM   #4516
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1339 View Post
I don't have solar but I would say as long as the wires are connected directly to the batteries then I would have the main use/store switch off. That of course is in store. Always on if youre using it.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #4517
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E.
State: Indiana
Posts: 13
THOR #10627
My Mods

I finished two of the mods that I have seen many of you fine people do on your coaches and I am VERY happy with them.

First I installed the RecPro theater seating. I opted for the electric powered ones with no center console. I built two cabinets for cups etc and the heating ducts. I had a BEAR of a time securing them to the floor. In the end I only got 3 screws into the floor, two in the front and one in the rear. The problem was room under the seats to work not the floor itself but they seem strongly secured so I'm going with it. I goofed on my measurements for the cabinets and forgot about the overhang on the left cabinet. Oh well.... Im not taking it all apart now, maybe Ill fix it later :-).

Also I installed the SeeLevel II as my black and gray tanks were no longer reading correctly. That install went real well as you can see. Funny thing though, I have an interference issue with the fans. When they're on, the black, gray and fresh water sensors read open"?? Weird, but when the fans are off, all's well. Again, Im just gonna live with it.

Thanks again everyone for posting your mods. I never would have figured all this stuff out without you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	20884   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	20885  

__________________
HatrackRV
glennrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #4518
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
Posts: 301
THOR #13360
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennrush View Post
I finished two of the mods that I have seen many of you fine people do on your coaches and I am VERY happy with them.

First I installed the RecPro theater seating. I opted for the electric powered ones with no center console. I built two cabinets for cups etc and the heating ducts. I had a BEAR of a time securing them to the floor. In the end I only got 3 screws into the floor, two in the front and one in the rear. The problem was room under the seats to work not the floor itself but they seem strongly secured so I'm going with it. I goofed on my measurements for the cabinets and forgot about the overhang on the left cabinet. Oh well.... Im not taking it all apart now, maybe Ill fix it later :-).

Also I installed the SeeLevel II as my black and gray tanks were no longer reading correctly. That install went real well as you can see. Funny thing though, I have an interference issue with the fans. When they're on, the black, gray and fresh water sensors read open"?? Weird, but when the fans are off, all's well. Again, Im just gonna live with it.

Thanks again everyone for posting your mods. I never would have figured all this stuff out without you.
I ran into the same problem getting bolts installed. I got 2 out front then took a ratchet strap to plates I attached to the seat belt bolts. About 4 k mile not problem
__________________
MTHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #4519
Junior Member
 
Formia1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
Posts: 20
THOR #4305
RecPro Reciners

I also installed the RecPro recliners this week and anchoring was a challenge. I re-used the 4 angle clips and long floor screws Thor used and bolted the clips to the fore and aft frame members on each recliner. i didn't have room for the heat register so I ran the ducting under one recliner and attached a circular register.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recliners.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	20890  
__________________
Formia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #4520
Senior Member
 
DenverTransplant's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
Posts: 388
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I don't have solar but I would say as long as the wires are connected directly to the batteries then I would have the main use/store switch off. That of course is in store. Always on if youre using it.

Jerry
I installed 2 120 watt solar panels (Windy Nation from Arizona Wind and Sun) with a Bogart SC-2030 solar charger. The solar charger output is wired directly to the batteries, with a 40 amp circuit breaker between the two. The solar does a great job of keeping the batteries charged during the 90% of time when the rig is in storage with the Use/Store switch is in Store. They are always at 100% when I visit the rig to rub its belly and battery water is always full. The SC-2030 keeps them charged with no boil off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	667BB67A-78E4-4F62-9936-839902471C2C.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	20907  
__________________

__________________
Rick
2017 Thor ACE 30.1
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×