Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2021, 11:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Tired of Manual Leveling

Every time I go to a campsite, I have to level. Sometimes it's easy, and other times it's not. Today, I arrived at my site and the front end had to lift about four inches, and the drivers side also needed about three inches. I only have the capabilities to do one or the other. If I had a leveling system installed, the problem would be easier to accomplish. Is there a moderately priced system available for installation? When I bought my Vegas, in 2018, it was supposed to have a leveling system, but that RV would not have been available for a trip I was going on. I was convinced by the salesperson at CW, that leveling would not be a big deal, people use the leggo style bricks with no problems, and that Vegas would be available much sooner. Any suggestions on leveling systems?

Old 06-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #2

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
Every time I go to a campsite, I have to level. Sometimes it's easy, and other times it's not. Today, I arrived at my site and the front end had to lift about four inches, and the drivers side also needed about three inches. I only have the capabilities to do one or the other. If I had a leveling system installed, the problem would be easier to accomplish. Is there a moderately priced system available for installation? When I bought my Vegas, in 2018, it was supposed to have a leveling system, but that RV would not have been available for a trip I was going on. I was convinced by the salesperson at CW, that leveling would not be a big deal, people use the leggo style bricks with no problems, and that Vegas would be available much sooner. Any suggestions on leveling systems?
I called a place in Iowa HWH that sells to camping world and it would be 4,200 it's well worth it we got rid of our Jayco that didn't have it and bought a Thor that did. we got what we paid for it because everyone wants a camper right now
Old 06-26-2021, 11:09 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Bigfoot and Equalizer make some very nice systems.
I have the Equalizer system, and love it!
Old 06-27-2021, 01:20 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Bigfoot levelers:
The Official Website for Bigfoot© Hydraulic Leveling Systems

They have a number of different systems with different capabilities.
Old 06-27-2021, 02:54 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 28A
State: California
THOR #21941
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
We leveled our coach for the first time this weekend (second trip out) and biggest learning curve is teaching the DW on proper signaling instructions! We used the lego style levelers and could have used another set or two. At $3-4000, a leveling system is not in the budget, YET! Suspension, inverter, etc. are more mission critical.

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:00 PM   #6

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetaylor55 View Post
We leveled our coach for the first time this weekend (second trip out) and biggest learning curve is teaching the DW on proper signaling instructions! We used the lego style levelers and could have used another set or two. At $3-4000, a leveling system is not in the budget, YET! Suspension, inverter, etc. are more mission critical.
I had a jayco with the 450 chassis, I got tired of destroying the plastic blocks and ramps trying to level the motorhome and the chances of the wife or myself going right over the blocks or ramp. Even when mine was level it would rock everytime someone walked or moved. I tried putting the hand trailer Jack's under the frame but it felt like it did nothing. I'm getting way to old to go through the hassle of climbing underneath and putting down blocks guessing how many it will take. There were many big arguments trying to level
Old 06-28-2021, 12:14 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Counter point: Spend some $$ on a LevelMate Pro: https://logicbluetech.com/levelmatepro/

How would this make it easier: It shows your level status live on your phone so you simply drive to the most level spot.

Check out where we were parked this past weekend and note the lack of levelling blocks:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0258.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	31674
(We were crammed into a tent only spot LOL which was very unlevel. Nice to have a "smallish" camper.)

It is far less expensive than a complete levelling system (yeah you still have to level if you can't find a level spot--it just makes finding the most level spot very easy).

I don't work for them at all, just a happy customer.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:30 PM   #8

State: Alabama
THOR #22687
We are on our way to get the Bigfoot installed today. I'll send pics.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:44 PM   #9

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Counter point: Spend some $$ on a LevelMate Pro: https://logicbluetech.com/levelmatepro/

How would this make it easier: It shows your level status live on your phone so you simply drive to the most level spot.

Check out where we were parked this past weekend and note the lack of levelling blocks:
Attachment 31674
(We were crammed into a tent only spot LOL which was very unlevel. Nice to have a "smallish" camper.)

It is far less expensive than a complete levelling system (yeah you still have to level if you can't find a level spot--it just makes finding the most level spot very easy).

I don't work for them at all, just a happy customer.
I have only stayed at one campground where I was able to just lower my Jack's just to stop rocking not leveling. I've gone to handicap concrete spots in state parks that are so far out of level like 6 inches. It was a real pain. I had the bubbles on the side and back of the motorhome that would tell me how many blocks to add, it would get me withing 1/2 inch. Many times the blocks would crush or sink into the ground. It still won't stop the rocking. Our Jayco was a long one. When we bought it the it went down the road like the steering wheel wasn't connected to the wheels. They paid for an alignment and after reading about different alignment settings I had it redone. Nothing helped. It had the Helwig suspension but it didn't help. Then I found I would need put 3 to 4 thousand into the rv to make it handle. It was a year old we got rid of it and got a new motorhome on the f53 chassis it's 300 percent better riding and handling also much quieter. I wasn't going to pay for Fords mistakes on the suspension
Old 06-28-2021, 01:34 PM   #10

THOR #20274
Great like to see your photos
Old 06-28-2021, 02:17 PM   #11

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
This topic comes up regularly on the Forum...

We BoonDock in many un-level locations.
So there's only one-way to handle the inconvenience.

I went with HWH straight leg jacks with joystick controller in 2018 immediately after our new RV purchase. Locally installed near my home for $4600 at that time.

Many on this site go with BigFoot brand, which seems to be the most affordable hydraulic levelers for after-market installs..
Go directly to the BigFoot plant in MI for the best deal.
Quotes under $3,000 "out-the-door" for their value system while you wait, done in 3 hours.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HWH Straight Acting Jacks.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	31682  
Old 06-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #12

State: Alabama
THOR #22687
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
This topic comes up regularly on the Forum...

We BoonDock in many un-level locations.
So there's only one-way to handle the inconvenience.

I went with HWH straight leg jacks with joystick controller in 2018 immediately after our new RV purchase. Locally installed near my home for $4600 at that time.

Many on this site go with BigFoot brand, which seems to be the most affordable hydraulic levelers for after-market installs..
Go directly to the BigFoot plant in MI for the best deal.
Quotes under $3,000 "out-the-door" for their value system while you wait, done in 3 hours.
We are getting the one touch leveling system. That's what Momma wanted so that's what we got.
Old 06-28-2021, 02:26 PM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Upload the cartoon...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1624890364
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV Humor 02.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	31683  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #14

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Camping World loves to install the top-end HWH system on Vegas/Axis chassis.
It's the Kick-Down levelers with Touch-Panel.
Installed price is in the $6,000 range.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HWH KickDown.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	31685  
Old 06-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #15

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by standerson View Post
We are getting the one touch leveling system. That's what Momma wanted so that's what we got.
We have the one touch leveling and the wife loved it but getting out of the motorhome sometimes required an extra step because on automatic it raises the coach much higher than needed. I showed the wife how to manual level and now that's how she wants it done now. The step is very close to the ground most of the time now I haven't used the step I built last year at all. Try it both ways and see what you like. Manual doesn't take any extra time, I can set my level on the floor and the wife is already telling me it shows level on the pad then she levels side to side and before I tell her its level she knows. You will love the jacks
Old 06-28-2021, 04:18 PM   #16
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
We just carry an extra step with us. It's easy for me to position it: once I've fallen out of the vehicle!

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1624897424
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Step Stool.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	31687  
Old 06-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #17

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Been there done that.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:32 PM   #18

THOR #20274
Nice step and it's adjustable
Old 06-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #19
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
The adjustability is what sold us on it...
Old 06-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #20

THOR #20274
looking into it