Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2021, 07:56 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
Two Class C's with Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
Bigfoot levelers:
The Official Website for Bigfoot© Hydraulic Leveling Systems

They have a number of different systems with different capabilities.
I have had two campers with Bigfoot automatic levelers [31ft and 25ft]. Both have been highly effective. Call RVUpdates.com for additional pricing. They have single and 4-pump, auto and manual systems available. It is simple to use both in automatic and manual mode.
Purchase, shipping, and installation by 3rd party cost me around $3000. If you are a Veteran, ask for the discount.
The Bigfoots can easily handle the diagonal slope you described easily either in auto or manual. I carry a set of 2x10x10in wood blocks for extreme slopes.
JC

Old 07-03-2021, 08:11 PM   #42

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #7188
Levelers

The front jacks will actually raise the tire off the ground. The rear jacks will raise the back some but are not strong enough to lift off the ground.
The front jacks were a real problem to install. I do not recommend this method unless you have fabrication and welding equipment.
BTW, I use this to power the jacks:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DeWalt joist.png
Views:	53
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	31803
Old 07-03-2021, 08:14 PM   #43
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBoar View Post
The front jacks will actually raise the tire off the ground. The rear jacks will raise the back some but are not strong enough to lift off the ground.
The front jacks were a real problem to install. I do not recommend this method unless you have fabrication and welding equipment.
Attachment 31803
We have our scissor jacks in the same spot but I don't lower the front jacks because they push the front of the cab up since they are in front of the crush zone on the frame.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:23 PM   #44

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Attachment 31803
Libra scissor Jack's are for stability not lifting. This is from their website, For RV stablizing and leveling purpose only, NEVER use for lifting, changing tires or supporting weight of any vehicles,
Old 07-03-2021, 08:55 PM   #45

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN View Post
I ordered the HWH fully auto kit from Amazon and did the install myself, I recall the kit was about $3,600.00 so if you can get the same kit installed for around the $4,600.00 price it would be worth it, my Axis is a 2017 an I put the system on right after I bought the coach, dealer wanted over $6,000.00 to install, I know HWH has the manual system using the Joy sticks and I really think that is a better deal, I find my self fine tuning the auto mode using the the buttons to hit each corner, I went with the auto due to mounting the controller, I took out the cup holder on the drivers side and the controller fit like it was made for the spot, not a single problem since I put it in, I used the right side outdoor storage second back from the door to mount the pump unit and it will take up about 65% of that storage cabinet.
Not to turn into a HWH discussion, but…
- I’ve got joystick with straight-leg jacks
- two issues: ground clearance is less than I desire, but acceptable by HWH standards. And, the joystick is a fairly large contraption, sits behind the drivers cup holder/speaker pedestal, taking up floor space
- however, unlike yours, the pump is mounted under-side in a protected spot up high near floor
- I had a dealer do the install. So all-in…$3,000 for system + $ 1,600 install in 2018. Camping World wanted $6k+
Old 07-03-2021, 09:17 PM   #46
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Libra scissor Jack's are for stability not lifting. This is from their website, For RV stablizing and leveling purpose only, NEVER use for lifting, changing tires or supporting weight of any vehicles,
This is why not having all of the information can really put a hurtin' on you...
Old 07-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #47

Model: Chateau V25
State: California
THOR #19470
Scissor jacks are stabilizers

Quote:
I always thought scissor jacks for stabilizing but it appears from the first photo, the entire front passenger wheel/axle is lifted off the ground.
puppygeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:33 PM   #48
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Take another look at Post #44
Old 07-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #49

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
This is why not having all of the information can really put a hurtin' on you...
Very dangerous just to save money
Old 07-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #50
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Yup...
Old 07-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #51

Model: 23U
State: Colorado
THOR #15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Counter point: Spend some $$ on a LevelMate Pro: https://logicbluetech.com/levelmatepro/

How would this make it easier: It shows your level status live on your phone so you simply drive to the most level spot.

Check out where we were parked this past weekend and note the lack of levelling blocks:
Attachment 31674
(We were crammed into a tent only spot LOL which was very unlevel. Nice to have a "smallish" camper.)

It is far less expensive than a complete levelling system (yeah you still have to level if you can't find a level spot--it just makes finding the most level spot very easy).

I don't work for them at all, just a happy customer.
Sounds like a good deal. I have a small 25 ft Thor Chateau and have found 2x6’s work good enough for me. Best and cheapest way for me to level is put a bubble level in the fridge and go from there. If the fridge is level that about covers it for me. Maybe one day in the near future I will transition to LEGO blocks and burn those 2x6’s in the 🔥 pit. Good post. Thanks for the web link
Old 07-03-2021, 10:19 PM   #52
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
If you want: you can get an app
for your smartphone; that will turn it into a level for you...
Old 07-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #53

THOR #15965
Level app

I think all newer iOS cell phones have the app installed already. Look for “Measure “
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2FC21F80-AD86-428A-93C9-1B6B7F887096.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	31812  
Old 07-03-2021, 10:45 PM   #54
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I've got an Android operating system...
Old 07-03-2021, 10:53 PM   #55

THOR #15965
You get what you pay for I guess...
Old 07-03-2021, 11:03 PM   #56

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
We have the one touch leveling and the wife loved it but getting out of the motorhome sometimes required an extra step because on automatic it raises the coach much higher than needed. I showed the wife how to manual level and now that's how she wants it done now. The step is very close to the ground most of the time now I haven't used the step I built last year at all. Try it both ways and see what you like. Manual doesn't take any extra time, I can set my level on the floor and the wife is already telling me it shows level on the pad then she levels side to side and before I tell her its level she knows. You will love the jacks
I just had the Big Foot Platinum system, just shy of $3k installed. It has a "start" mode that drops all 4... but it raises the whole rig needlessly far too high. After a little practice, it takes me about 5 minutes to find the highest corner and work from there lowering each leg only as much as needed to perfectly level. My frugal side is very happy... not for everyone, but saved me $1,000.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:11 PM   #57
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4money View Post
FaIr enough
Old 07-03-2021, 11:19 PM   #58

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4money View Post
My old note 8 has it plus many other things. I use them all the time. My friend buys the brand new 200 dollar cell phone that does nothing well, batteries don't last, reception poor compared to more expensive phone, chip speed is so slow the phone can hardly function. A person gets what they pay for with a phone. My friend will pay someone over 1,000 to replace a sump pump he could have done in a half hour. It's fun talking to him when his phone keeps cutting out
Old 07-03-2021, 11:22 PM   #59

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I just had the Big Foot Platinum system, just shy of $3k installed. It has a "start" mode that drops all 4... but it raises the whole rig needlessly far too high. After a little practice, it takes me about 5 minutes to find the highest corner and work from there lowering each leg only as much as needed to perfectly level. My frugal side is very happy... not for everyone, but saved me $1,000.
Doesn't it show you which part of the motorhome is low when it's turned on so you can drop the right jack?
Old 07-03-2021, 11:35 PM   #60

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I've got an Android operating system...
Bob... there are many free level apps in the Play Store. I've had several installed on various phones over the years. Don't feel bad... the rest of my family are "Apple snobs". I do Android app development/programming, and frequently get requests from the "snobs" for me to fix their phones.

Honestly the Apple ecosystem is VERY well managed, and the products/hardware is well designed/made.

Regardless of the phone type, the phone cases usually interfere with the accuracy; they're more a novelty than an accurate leveling device.