Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #161

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum Mike and glad you are having a great time in the new motor home.

Paul

Old 09-15-2021, 08:21 PM   #162

Model: 40KQ
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24608
My good luck ran out today. In prep to go home today and I'm stuck in Wichita. My slides will not move, the ready light is off. The gen will not start and the jacks will not come up. I called the dealer and the tech spent several hours on the phone with me and could not get me going. The local mobile repair guy is booked up for the next 6 days. My gut feeling is low voltage but the main engine starts with no problem. So this is what it feels like to be in jail ?
==Mike
Old 09-15-2021, 10:55 PM   #163

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by First RV 4 me View Post
My good luck ran out today. In prep to go home today and I'm stuck in Wichita. My slides will not move, the ready light is off. The gen will not start and the jacks will not come up. I called the dealer and the tech spent several hours on the phone with me and could not get me going. The local mobile repair guy is booked up for the next 6 days. My gut feeling is low voltage but the main engine starts with no problem. So this is what it feels like to be in jail ?
==Mike
The jacks and starter motor for the generator are house battery powered and there is a circuit beaker in the house battery compartment. The slides are also powered by the house batteries, but through the power center, through a 30 amp 12 volt fuse. So I would look at the house batteries and all the cables.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:55 AM   #164

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Do you have the house switch on and the battery charger turned on, led green?

You must have the parking brake on, transmission in neutral, engine running to bring the slides in

Jacks can be up or down, however i always bring the slides in prior to raising the leveling jacks

There is a breaker by the pump motoif you have done all the rest
Old 09-16-2021, 01:56 AM   #165

THOR #6903
You also need the above to retract the jacks
Old 09-16-2021, 01:58 AM   #166

THOR #6903
If your house battery switch was on then you may have a bad Trombetta as well
Old 09-16-2021, 04:58 PM   #167

THOR #24608
Sorry for the delay in replying. Beau, you were spot on. I noticed a small breaker just above the battery's with a lever painted yellow. I pushed the black button and nothing happened, then pushing sideways on the yellow tab I heard a clunk. I thought to myself, was that the problem ? at this point I am still plugged into a 30amp shore power, went inside the coach, turned the ignition to the on position, looked up at he power panel THE READY LIGHT WAS ON !!!! I rechecked the inside area of the slides to make sure the area was clear then put all 4 slides in. sat in the drivers seat and pushed the jacks on button...... All the warning lights were lit.. in a previous conversation with the tech at the dealership he had told me to press all 4 direction buttons at the same time, that would reset the jacks. I did that and the warnings went off, I pushed the retract all jacks and they all came up.. Yes I started the engine first..
I said goodbye to my friends and got on the road home. I have learned a few things the past week.. This morning I ran the jacks down, back up and down again. put the slides out, started the gen and ran the AC... No problems...
When I got home i wanted to keep driving... I only have 3 short trips completed but I cant wait to go again. I love driving this coach...
Old 09-16-2021, 05:57 PM   #168

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in replying. Beau, you were spot on. I noticed a small breaker just above the battery's with a lever painted yellow. I pushed the black button and nothing happened, then pushing sideways on the yellow tab I heard a clunk. I thought to myself, was that the problem ? at this point I am still plugged into a 30amp shore power, went inside the coach, turned the ignition to the on position, looked up at he power panel THE READY LIGHT WAS ON !!!! I rechecked the inside area of the slides to make sure the area was clear then put all 4 slides in. sat in the drivers seat and pushed the jacks on button...... All the warning lights were lit.. in a previous conversation with the tech at the dealership he had told me to press all 4 direction buttons at the same time, that would reset the jacks. I did that and the warnings went off, I pushed the retract all jacks and they all came up.. Yes I started the engine first..
I said goodbye to my friends and got on the road home. I have learned a few things the past week.. This morning I ran the jacks down, back up and down again. put the slides out, started the gen and ran the AC... No problems...
When I got home i wanted to keep driving... I only have 3 short trips completed but I cant wait to go again. I love driving this coach...
SUCCESS!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:00 PM   #169

THOR #24608
I sure gotta lot of questions...
Like, can anyone explain what the bypass does on the water station compartment?
Thanks
==Mike
Old 09-21-2021, 02:42 AM   #170

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Thanks
==Mike
Bypasses the water heater for winterization so you don't fill it with anti-freeze. You will need to drain it if you winterize.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #171

Model: Tuscany 42GX
THOR #9178
Quote:
Thanks
==Mike
Do you have an Aquahot?

My 2016 has the 400 series and the bypass is for the inlet water filter
Old 09-25-2021, 11:00 PM   #172

THOR #24608
Yes. I have a 400D
I went on a short trip and stayed two nights in the coach. The first night the storage water pump quit working so i hooked up to city water. I hope it was just a fuse but I'm sure It will take me some time to find that fuse.
The trip was good and I learned a few things although I wanted the drive to last a few hundred more miles... I sure enjoy driving this RV..
Old 09-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #173

THOR #9178
Quote:
Yes. I have a 400D
I went on a short trip and stayed two nights in the coach. The first night the storage water pump quit working so i hooked up to city water. I hope it was just a fuse but I'm sure It will take me some time to find that fuse.
The trip was good and I learned a few things although I wanted the drive to last a few hundred more miles... I sure enjoy driving this RV..
You have three water pump switches

Check the voltage at thr pump controller
Old 09-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #174

THOR #24608
I found the fuse location and the fuse was good for the water pump. I reinstalled the fuse and checked the pump. It started working so I checked the connection at the pump. I then striped the wire back and replaced the nuts thinking they had worked lose. There are sure a Lot of little things that can go wrong and I feel as long as I can keep up with them it will be ok. October 20 I start full time for 6 months. I'm looking forward to it...
Old 10-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #175

Model: Tuscany
State: Ohio
THOR #22381
2016 Tuscany XTE 40GQ

I have a question regarding the storage tank. I am trying to determine if the unit has water storage tank heaters. Were all equipped, was it optional? I can't seem to find an answer. I know that there is heat blown into the basement when the furnace is running,

Looking forward to the wisdom you all have
Irisheyes756
2016 Thor Tuscanyxte 40GQ
Love taking home along for traveling
Irisheyes756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:10 PM   #176

THOR #9178
You have two Exchangers and 2 thermostats in the basement
Baseheat is from Aquahot
Very few Tuscany coachs had pad type heaters
If you did there are two 120v breakers labeled accordingly
Old 10-07-2021, 10:44 PM   #177

THOR #24608
I have a 2015 and on the passenger side of the pullout slide bin, look to the left side on the wall will be two thermostats. one looks like a standard thermo and one that has a small black knob.. The standard looking one controls the bin's and the black knob controls the black and grey tank along with the fresh water tank... I set my black knob to 41 degrees and the other one to about 55 degrees...
Old 10-08-2021, 12:55 AM   #178

THOR #6903
Quote:
I have a 2015 and on the passenger side of the pullout slide bin, look to the left side on the wall will be two thermostats. one looks like a standard thermo and one that has a small black knob.. The standard looking one controls the bin's and the black knob controls the black and grey tank along with the fresh water tank... I set my black knob to 41 degrees and the other one to about 55 degrees...
My 2016 is exactly the same
Decent sized exchangers and will use some diesel in cold temps

Both exchangers are up in the frame rails for the OP
Old 10-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #179

THOR #24608
Hello all ! I'm on day 5 of my full time trip. Today I am at Pecan Plantation Texas with my niece and nephew in-law Enjoying the airplanes and golf carts. So far the only problem I had is my #3 small bedroom slide will not move out. I'm headed to Abilene Tx tomorrow and in hope there is a mobile rv tech that can come look at it for me.
Hope you all are doing well..
Mike and Cat
Old 11-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #180

THOR #24608
Hello all,,, Day 22 of my trip and I'm happy to report I am in Harlingen Texas. The weather in west Texas drove me to south Texas and having been here 5 days I am happy.
I have had a few problems with the RV and slowly getting them fixed. First one of my slides would not move. Found out one of the 4 controllers burnt up and 500 bucks to replace. Then the ABS light would not go off. One of the sensors had fallen out of its mount.. Dishwasher doesn't work and after replacing the spray arm motor I get a U6 error. Looked it up and says low water pressure. I'll look for the fix tomorrow. Today I have a company detailing the outside. The man said it looks like it has never seen wax and is in the process of deep cleaning it.
Hope youall are doing well. I hope not to be broke by the end of the year fixing this RV
++Mike