Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2021, 11:07 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
We just got our second Pfizer shot today. In two weeks, we will be as immune as we will ever be. We have been cautioned that we can still get the virus and spread it, so mask and hand sanitizer recommended. It has been 11 months since the coach left the village except for 50 mile monthly cruises for exercise. Two rallies and a car show scheduled in the next three months.
If you can still get the virus and spread it what was the vaccination for?

Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:51 PM   #22

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Lt. Keefer I was wondering the same thing?

Paul
Old 01-25-2021, 11:52 PM   #23

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
It's only 95% effective, you may be in the 5% knowbody knows

I know 1 thing for sure I'm in the 99.999% of the people who didn't win the mega or power ball billions!
Old 01-26-2021, 04:35 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
It's only 95% effective, you may be in the 5% knowbody knows

I know 1 thing for sure I'm in the 99.999% of the people who didn't win the mega or power ball billions!
With a positivity rate of 53 per 1000,000 and a 95% efficacy rate on the vaccine, if you are vaccinated your chances of getting the virus are what, 1 in a billion? And speaking of the vaccine, I heard on the news that big pharma has shipped 40 million doses since the vaccine was approved 30 days ago. My math says that is 1.3 million doses a day. So if the new administration is going to do 1 million a day for the next 100 days they are in fact going to slow down the vaccination rate. Don't they teach math in journalism school?
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:57 AM   #25

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
We do a ton of trips 3 to 4 hours away. Great seeing our state and still camp and relax. No shopping needed..mostly peanut butter jelly bread and soups..all good everyone get out mask and smile
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:52 AM   #26

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
With a positivity rate of 53 per 1000,000 and a 95% efficacy rate on the vaccine, if you are vaccinated your chances of getting the virus are what, 1 in a billion? And speaking of the vaccine, I heard on the news that big pharma has shipped 40 million doses since the vaccine was approved 30 days ago. My math says that is 1.3 million doses a day. So if the new administration is going to do 1 million a day for the next 100 days they are in fact going to slow down the vaccination rate. Don't they teach math in journalism school?

Exactly!!!

And the vaccine would lessen the severtity as the antibodies that were produced help to fight off the virus.

Of course, our new president said during the campaign that he had a plan to deal with COVID and curb it. Now that he is in office he said there is 'nothing we can do' so I hope the new administration doesn't screw up getting the vaccine out to thbe public.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:53 AM   #27

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
We are heading out again just like we did last year

The only issue we had was many things were closed so we just went on up the road

Fuel will be a bit higher but other than than get out and enjoy

Soon as spring hits we are out of the shop and back on the road

Same plan as yours LWMc! We're getting set up for Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Jackson Hole late May/early June, and not worried about close contact as we, too, keep our distance!
Gary
GVP
Old 01-26-2021, 12:35 PM   #28
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Actually they just upped their goal to 150 million vaccinated in 100 days so not slowing it down.

As far as camping we have quite a few trips planned for this season; including our first ever 3500+ mile trip (yeah we've never actually gone more than about 2000 miles on a single trip).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
[QUOTE=Judge;274206...
Of course, our new president said during the campaign that he had a plan to deal with COVID and curb it. Now that he is in office he said there is 'nothing we can do' so I hope the new administration doesn't screw up getting the vaccine out to thbe public.[/QUOTE]

All politicians lie...
It's the first thing that they learn to do; after they take the oath of office and their brains are removed...
Old 01-26-2021, 01:07 PM   #30

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
I typically run the numbers on any story on the main stream media

Not one checks out unless you use media math

Sounds like a third Moderna vaccine in the works to add effectiveness for the variants
Quote:
Old 01-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
"Media Math"...
Do you mean, "What do you think we can get them to believe?"
Old 01-26-2021, 02:20 PM   #32

THOR #2121
Quote:

It has nothing to do with journalism, or which party we support. Facts are facts and we should stick to that.

In my opinion, yes, your math is wrong in this case. Your arithmetic is correct but your analysis is flawed because numbers are not applied in a meaningful way. There’s a difference between shipments and manufacturing rates because manufacturers started stockpiling vaccine prior to approval, and were able to ship more doses faster initially than their manufacturing could keep up with going forward. Stockpiling prior to approval was financially risky but a smart thing to do when lives depend on the vaccine.

The real issue I personally see with vaccinations is that manufacturing, storage, and logistic was planned up to a point, but getting it from that point in a warehouse to people’s arms was dropped like a hot potato. I find this mind boggling.

Logistics should have nothing to do with politics. Americans from both parties can plan well or poorly. I see absolutely no need to make vaccinations a political issue.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:32 PM   #33

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Logistics should have nothing to do with politics. Americans from both parties can plan well or poorly. I see absolutely no need to make vaccinations a political issue.[/QUOTE]

It maybe “shouldn’t” be political but since it’s important, controversial and complicated it is inevitable that politicians of all stripes would try to capitalize on it for their own purposes. Sad but true.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #34

THOR #20220
We double mask and or single mask and wear a shield. This allows us to see limited family in outdoor house rooms, garages, outside campers, etc. We need to try and enjoy life due to its limited days
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 01-26-2021, 03:13 PM   #35

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
The reason is for the vaccine is to prevent you from getting sick. In the phase 3 studies, the subjects were tested weekly. About 12% of the people tested who had the vaccine tested positive for the active virus but none reported any symptoms. Without the vaccine you can shed the virus for three to 10 weeks depending on the severity of the infection. With the vaccine, you shed the virus for less than 4 days.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #36

THOR #20220
To all concerned about the vaccine. Here is amazing news!!

https://nypost.com/2021/01/26/early-...g-israeli-hmo/
Old 01-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #37

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
We still go out on short trips (not because of Covid, but because of available time off from work). Longest one we had taken since the start of Covid was a 7 night trip to Colorado Springs, CO. We haven't been there before. We enjoy the drive and seeing new places. We took our 2 furry babies with us. We found a kennel nearby to leave them for few hours so we can see some places where dogs are not allowed. The only thing that was disappointing was that there were few places that were closed (July 2020). Some places, they limit the number of people going in and out, which makes the wait much longer.

For our 3 day weekend off, we go somewhere about 2 hr drive and spend 2 nights at the campground. We bring enough food and drink so we don't have to go out to the grocery store.

We just use mask every time we step out of our RV and use caution when around people.

We are both nurses and are still working full time. My wife already had her 2 doses of the vaccine. I still have not received my vaccine (my choice). I am in a high risk category (not only by being a nurse). I am diabetic, with history of cancer. I have my own personal reasons for not taking the vaccine (yet). Tested 2x from work since the pandemic(NEGATIVE 2x). Most recent test was last month. I hope it stays that way.

My sister is also a nurse. She got hit with the virus early January (this year) and is just now recovering. She works at the Los Angeles County Jail.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #38

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Orderly vaccinations are going well in Bear County TX. UTSA Medical Center is vaccinating 900 a day as vaccine arrives. VA here has walk-in vaccinations for all cat 1 A/B category vets. 11 of our Immediate care centers are offering vaccine by appointment to cat 1 A/B persons. Walgreens came to our "life care" Village and vaccinated 766 residents independent living, 69 is assisted living, 77 in The Vista (skilled nursing), and 74 in Freedom House (dementia care) plus 240+ care givers and workers. With just over 2 million residents, the County has vaccinated 11% of the population as of the 25th. I suspect that the Governor Abbott will open vaccinations to the entire population the first week in February.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:03 PM   #39

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
To all concerned about the vaccine. Here is amazing news!!

https://nypost.com/2021/01/26/early-...g-israeli-hmo/

I can’t wait for second dose.

One of the advantages that’s more difficult to quantify is that even if you get the virus after being vaccinated, the severity of the illness may not be as bad. That feels like a little additional insurance to me.

I’m still traveling when needed, but will feel better about air travel after vaccine.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
We double mask and or single mask and wear a shield. This allows us to see limited family in outdoor house rooms, garages, outside campers, etc. We need to try and enjoy life due to its limited days
Best mask ever...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1611677116
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mask.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	28247  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote