Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2022, 01:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
2022 Ford E450 instrument display question

We have the new E450 chassis with the 7.3 and 6 speed transmission.

Does anyone know how to get the transmission gear display to appear in the upper left corner. For many thousands of miles we have had the gear indicator display there but now it is gone and we don't know how to get it back. The manual is no help. This is a display of the current gear and the top gear like 1/6, 2/6/, 3/6, 4/6, 5/6, 6/6. If you put the transmission in Manual the current gear will appear but we know the display can show the 1/6, etc. while in drive.

Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:47 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
The new instrument display (when Ford switched to the Godzilla engine) is similar to the F-series. My 2017 F-150 has a vertical display to the right of the speedo showing current gear, 1 through 10 in my case.

Although the displays are different, the SELECTION process to get the display to show may be the same... or at least similar.

On my F-150 there is a "+/-" button on the column shifter stalk. With the shifter in "D" (Drive) press the + or - to get different shift modes... or turn it on/off as desired. Messing around with it, it's pretty intuitive.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-05-2022, 08:05 PM   #3

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
That is how our 2022 is. +- button.

I drove a while wondering what those numbers meant.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #4

Model: Daybreak 30DB
THOR #22917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
The new instrument display (when Ford switched to the Godzilla engine) is similar to the F-series. My 2017 F-150 has a vertical display to the right of the speedo showing current gear, 1 through 10 in my case.

Although the displays are different, the SELECTION process to get the display to show may be the same... or at least similar.

On my F-150 there is a "+/-" button on the column shifter stalk. With the shifter in "D" (Drive) press the + or - to get different shift modes... or turn it on/off as desired. Messing around with it, it's pretty intuitive.

Hope that helps!
My 2021 is the same way, I lost mine one day and found if I use the + button it brings it back.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:08 AM   #5

Model: Quantum JM31
THOR #21926
Thanks guys, I will try the +/- button when we leave this campsite.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote