Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #1
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Oven

We have a 2014 Four Winds. The top three burners light up but the oven will not turn on? Not sure if I hit something while cleaning. Anyone have any suggestions??

__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
Posts: 831
THOR #16721
Does the pilot flame stay lit?
__________________
Chateau_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Trophy1200's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
Posts: 107
THOR #22490
Have you lit the pilot flame?
__________________
Kev

2015 Thor Windsport 34F = empty pockets
No toad YET
REME veteran
Trophy1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:13 PM   #4
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 6,308
THOR #1469
Is there a pilot? My 2015 Challenger did not have a pilot in the oven and it had to be manually lit whenever used. We never used the oven in five years.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:22 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
Posts: 831
THOR #16721
We occasionally burn some bread in ours and pretend it's toast.

So... what's the scoop on that pilot?
__________________
Chateau_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:32 PM   #6
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 7,291
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
We have a 2014 Four Winds. The top three burners light up but the oven will not turn on? Not sure if I hit something while cleaning. Anyone have any suggestions??
As the previous 4 response have asked/said: Pilot - think 60s technology.

Despite the fact you probably have a piezo igniter for the stove-top burners, the oven has a pilot light and thermocouple. You have to stand on your head, turn the oven control to PILOT, push the knob in, and use a barbeque lighter to light the pilot light while holding the knob in until the thermocouple senses the flame and will continue to supply gas to the pilot flame, and then allow gas to flow when you turn the oven knob to your desired temperature to allow the main flame to light from the pilot flame.

Seems they could have engineered a "light on demand" oven control by now - heck the water heater and furnace have them.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:44 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Bill Johnson's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 400
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
We have a 2014 Four Winds. The top three burners light up but the oven will not turn on? Not sure if I hit something while cleaning. Anyone have any suggestions??
I look in my owners manual it says to turn the oven knob to the little flame and push in. Turn the electronic ignition that makes the spark for the burners, when the oven lights keep the knob pushed in for 30 seconds and then turn to temperature
__________________
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 433
THOR #19102
What 16ace27 said.
__________________
Campnjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:59 PM   #9
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 7,291
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I look in my owners manual it says to turn the oven knob to the little flame and push in. Turn the electronic ignition that makes the spark for the burners, when the oven lights keep the knob pushed in for 30 seconds and then turn to temperature
What model oven do you have. It would be nice if my piezo worked in the oven but it is not built that way in my 2016 Thor with an Atwood Wedgewood Vision range/oven.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:07 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Bill Johnson's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 400
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
What model oven do you have. It would be nice if my piezo worked in the oven but it is not built that way in my 2016 Thor with an Atwood Wedgewood Vision range/oven.
Mine is a newer one, the wife has never used it
__________________
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:33 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 4,170
THOR #6826
DW uses our oven most every trip (she makes THE best biscuits and gravyÖ). I light ours with a fireplace lighter. Wish it has a sparker
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #12
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Does the pilot flame stay lit?


We donít even get a spark! The knob says to push and hold, then do you turn the spark knob or use a lighter?
__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #13
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1200 View Post
Have you lit the pilot flame?


So do you have to manually light the oven pilot even though the stove top burners light with the spark knob?
__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:57 PM   #14
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Is there a pilot? My 2015 Challenger did not have a pilot in the oven and it had to be manually lit whenever used. We never used the oven in five years.


Wow! Iím wondering if thatís what we will need to do!!
__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #15
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
As the previous 4 response have asked/said: Pilot - think 60s technology.



Despite the fact you probably have a piezo igniter for the stove-top burners, the oven has a pilot light and thermocouple. You have to stand on your head, turn the oven control to PILOT, push the knob in, and use a barbeque lighter to light the pilot light while holding the knob in until the thermocouple senses the flame and will continue to supply gas to the pilot flame, and then allow gas to flow when you turn the oven knob to your desired temperature to allow the main flame to light from the pilot flame.



Seems they could have engineered a "light on demand" oven control by now - heck the water heater and furnace have them.


Yes! Thatís what the knob says, turn to pilot and push/hold. And of course we forgot the owners manual🤷*♀️. So I guess we will try manually lighting it even though that scares me!!
__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:02 PM   #16
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I look in my owners manual it says to turn the oven knob to the little flame and push in. Turn the electronic ignition that makes the spark for the burners, when the oven lights keep the knob pushed in for 30 seconds and then turn to temperature


We tried that and nothing happens🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #17
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
What model oven do you have. It would be nice if my piezo worked in the oven but it is not built that way in my 2016 Thor with an Atwood Wedgewood Vision range/oven.


Yes! Ours is a Wedgewood so I guess we need to manually light it! Thanks!!
__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:08 PM   #18
Kay
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 8
THOR #19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
DW uses our oven most every trip (she makes THE best biscuits and gravyÖ). I light ours with a fireplace lighter. Wish it has a sparker


Yes I wish it had a sparker like the stove top! Guess we will try to manually light it. Thanks!!
__________________
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:17 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
Posts: 831
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
Yes I wish it had a sparker like the stove top! Guess we will try to manually light it. Thanks!!
There's an easy way to tell if you have a piezo igniter in your oven. WITHOUT pushing the oven gas/temp knob (like you would if lighting), look at where the gas tubing is in the back of the oven... the point where you would light it.

The igniter is usually a small white ceramic cylinder, about 1/2" - 3/4" long about the diameter of a #2 pencil. It will have a short wire sticking out the end.

IF you find one:
While watching that, turn your igniter knob several clicks. If you watch carefully, you should see a small blue spark coming from that little wire.
__________________
Chateau_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:03 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 4-Winds 28F
State: Kansas
Posts: 19
THOR #4709
I use wooden matches to light my oven

I have a 2015 28F Thor 4-Winds, use the oven every trip to the mountains for biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs & sausage, & then it's great to reheat the foods we pick up in town! My sons are in the site next & love to eat. My burners start with the "clicker" but oven is like someone said, "stick your head in, hold the knob down long enough that the pilot lite stays on steady". If you are lucky you find those super long wooden matches left over from Christmas... makes it much easier! The oven, 'frig & freezer working with propane makes camping without electric hook ups a whole new world. No more running into town for more ice for the coolers. Life is still great at 86! And, yes, I do drive this myself, as easy as driving my little Encore, and most of the time go alone except when I mention "mountains" and sons jump at the chance to join me.
__________________
MountainBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2