Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2022, 03:45 PM   #2061

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #25525
Bottom construction of slide on 23tw

Inspecting the bottom of the dinette slide of New Gemini 23tw I noted that there are two open sections where you can see the bottom of the dinette looking past a rubber flap. Wind blows up through these gaps. Is this a defect or is this the way it's designed?

Photos taken looking up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220516_151920.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	37554   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220516_151938.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	37555  

Old 05-17-2022, 08:31 PM   #2062

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers5466 View Post
We had one on order and after doing research decided to wait for awhile any idea what kind of mpg your getting?

Thank you for your post!
2020 Gemini SX with 2018 MB Sprinter diesel- 16 mpg. Very happy with it!
Old 05-23-2022, 07:02 PM   #2063

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Tennessee
THOR #26653
Generator access panel

I could swear (and, as my wife will attest, often do when it comes to Thor and our Gemini) that I saw a post in this forum about someone who couldn't access their generator controls because they couldn't remove the access panel. We have a 2022 Gemini 23TW and have that problem (among others). The panel will release but there is not enough room between the generator and the body/frame to move the panel up, down or sideways. Our sales guy was incredibly uninformed (I am SO trying to be nice) and told us that a dealer's service tech had to remove the panel - it was designed that way. Uh huh... Anyway, I have carried the TW to another dealer who is just as consternated as me and they can't figure out how to remove the faceplate to get to the controls/etc. that are actually on the front of the generator either. Thor has been no help at all. Has anyone else had a similar problem and, if so, how was it resolved (assuming it was resolved).

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:43 PM   #2064

State: Virginia
THOR #25525
Generator access

I remember reading that too. However I have a 2022 23tw and I can access the generator controls by un latching the cover and sliding it down to remove it. It is tight so perhaps your generator u it sits just a little different than mine.
Old 06-04-2022, 05:20 PM   #2065

Model: Compass
State: Florida
THOR #3948
regarding post 05/12/21 just running light power. I know this is an older post but I had same problem with my toad. Problem was trailer module located on the side of driver entry step. I had to remove black plastic step and some trim to get to it. i removed plugs and reseated them and fixed my problem. Ford mh assistance got me in contact with tech who was very good.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:44 PM   #2066

Model: Compass 23TW
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #26885
Roku Installation

Hi! We have a 2022 compass 23TW. I am trying to install a Roku stick on the kitchen side wall TV and cannot figure out how to access the HDMI input jacks on the back of the TV. It is attached almost flush to the wall and I can’t figure out how to move it away enough to access the jacks or any other method. Thor manuals and YouTube is useless. Also any ideas on how to plug in the Roku stick to electric? Thank you
Old 06-20-2022, 07:48 PM   #2067

THOR #3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DTwo View Post
Hi! We have a 2022 compass 23TW. I am trying to install a Roku stick on the kitchen side wall TV and cannot figure out how to access the HDMI input jacks on the back of the TV. It is attached almost flush to the wall and I can’t figure out how to move it away enough to access the jacks or any other method. Thor manuals and YouTube is useless. Also any ideas on how to plug in the Roku stick to electric? Thank you
I am not familiar with the tw model. On my 23tr I have HDMI hub above my refrigerator in cabinet. I plug my firestick into the input jack and plug power into plug inside that cabinet. You can then play roku on any tv in camper. Just select correct HDMI port with tv remote. My tv over the door has 2 catch releases behind tv but I don't mess with it unless cable is fuzzy or something. Hope it helps.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:48 PM   #2068

THOR #26885
Wow… I knew there had to be a simpler way and there sure is. thanks so much for pointing out the cabinet above the fridge which is the same in ours. Now the only question left is which port did you use to get Roku availability on either TV? Thank you
Old 06-20-2022, 09:06 PM   #2069

THOR #3948
My input is next to the power plug for the hub. Its on the side. You will have to unplug input from DVD from the input slot and plug in roku
Old 06-20-2022, 09:33 PM   #2070

THOR #26885
I have attached a photo of the input center I found above the fridge. Can you advise if this is the same as yours and which input you use? Is it the one marked “HDMI Input” just to the right of the DC? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3C1A6258-DA4E-4F79-8362-E35DA778042F.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	38245  
Old 06-20-2022, 09:46 PM   #2071

THOR #3948
A little different but that is the input slot.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:47 PM   #2072

THOR #26885
Thank you!
Old 06-27-2022, 09:23 PM   #2073

THOR #23359
I have a 22 23TW. I connected Roku to the hdmi cable in the AV cabinet above the fridge. Added a splitter for Roku or DVD.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:18 PM   #2074

THOR #26885
Thank you!
Old 07-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #2075

THOR #26885
Proper Storage

Hi! We purchased a 2022 Compass in May and are storing it on our driveway this Summer. I was just wondering which is better for the vehicle… using a 15 amp hookup to the house and keeping the power to the vehicle On… or disconnecting all shore power and turning the vehicle power switch Off? When the electric is in the On position our fridge turns on automatically and maintains a cold temperature at all times while obviously it shuts down when disconnected. I don’t know what other electrical systems may be on at all times other than the BMPro controller when connected to the limited shore power. Any thoughts for a rookie would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 07-04-2022, 01:37 PM   #2076

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DTwo View Post
Hi! We purchased a 2022 Compass in May and are storing it on our driveway this Summer. I was just wondering which is better for the vehicle… using a 15 amp hookup to the house and keeping the power to the vehicle On… or disconnecting all shore power and turning the vehicle power switch Off? When the electric is in the On position our fridge turns on automatically and maintains a cold temperature at all times while obviously it shuts down when disconnected. I don’t know what other electrical systems may be on at all times other than the BMPro controller when connected to the limited shore power. Any thoughts for a rookie would be appreciated. Thank you
You can turn the fridge off if you want.
I installed a 30 amp circuit and is one of the best moves I've made.
I'm not sure but I think if you have everything else turned off then the 15 amp will at least keep batteries charged so you would have to leave power switch turned on
Old 07-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #2077

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I usually leave it unplugged except in the winter where it is always plugged in the charging the coach batteries and use a smart charger for the chassis batteries. I also pull the fuse for the CO2/LP detector if its not being used for a month or so.
BTW Had EQ Systems levelers installed and am very pleased with how they work and the quality of work from them. Was supposed to have another leveler installed but when it cam down to it they could not install on my model of Compass
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 07-04-2022, 04:35 PM   #2078

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
I always plug in whenever I'm near an outlet - summer or winter - and leave the store/use switch to use. At a minimum, it keeps the batteries charged. I turn the fridge off for the winter - but leave it on for the summer. (Quick get away).
Old 07-06-2022, 02:05 AM   #2079

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
There have been many forum members post about leaving their rigs plugged in. If you do that, keep an eye on the batteries if you have the typical flooded type. I once burned up a pair by letting them go dry when plugged in.

My preference would be to open the fridge doors and unplug until prep time for the next use. No wrong answer to this question.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:57 PM   #2080

State: Iowa
THOR #9915
Dill tpms

Decided to install a tpms, Dill uses sensors that mount inside the tire. Battery life is listed at 5-7 years.
Anyone have experience with them on a 2017 era Transit?
DonB

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall