Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2022, 04:56 AM   #361

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #26874
Windows partial fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobontheRocks View Post
With space at a premium in a Sanctuary 29P, what would the basic took kit you would suggest for extended road trips? I have decided to go with the patch kit and pump for the chance of a flat.

At the dealer now getting the sliding windows fixed. Apparently the manufacturer of these windows has informed dealers (perhaps through Thor) about the problems and, maybe, with fixes. Will update on this.
According to my dealer the manufacturer of the windows has recognized that there is a problem with the windows and has provided dealers with a fix. My dealer has done it and it seems to have worked. The problem with the fixture for the screen has not been fixed. That would require a better way to attach that than the double sided tape that was used. Is there some super double sided tape?

Old 05-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #362

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
What was the fix for the leaking windows?
Old 05-25-2022, 04:26 PM   #363

THOR #26874
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
What was the fix for the leaking windows?
As I understand it they put in a screw to stop the track from sliding out the right end of the fixture. That was the reason that you couldn’t get the window to pop into the opening. The fixture for the screen was designed to do that but because it is only held on by two-sided (mounting) tape it did not hold, so the fix.

But the problem with the fixture for the screen has to be fixed (and that is an issue for Thor rather than the window manufacturer I think). A window in Canada that does not have a screen is basically unusable because of mosquitoes. It requires a better way to attach that than the double sided tape that was used originally (it’s already failed in all three windows).

Is there some super strength double sided (mounting) tape? Is there some other fix involving, e.g., brackets?
Old 05-25-2022, 06:44 PM   #364

THOR #22773
I have had really good luck with ion tape:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YB1ZXG6?th=1

Not the best for wet applications but great for everything else.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:48 PM   #365

THOR #26874
Attempt at solution

I have found double sided tapes that they say is for "Permanent Mounting & Bonding", which is what would seem to be what is needed. Unfortunately, they don't ship to Canada, but I may have found a source here.

The tapes are:

https://www.echotape.com/products/dc...nting-bonding/

and

https://www.echotape.com/products/dc...nting-bonding/

I will let you know if one works.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:45 PM   #366

State: California
THOR #25047
Tranquility/Sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
When was the last time you used a spare tire ?

I like the Owl & there are others , I carry a Tire Plug Kit & portable air compressor until I pick out a Spare Tire system for the Sprinter & if I can't fix it , my road side assistance will be used . Of course there are places where Cell Phones don't have coverage & thats something you need to think about if going way out in the Boonies'.

We spend a lot of time in the boonies with no cell coverage. We invested in a Spot X sat messenger system. It has a SOV (save our vehicle) function. Very well reviewed. I do hope we never need it but it’ll cover tires, towing, getting stuck, etc. We also have road side assistance when there is service. My husband and I are older, the last thing we want to do is change that tire. Ours didn’t come with a spare, we’re looking into adding one, mostly because we go to Baja. That’s a whole other experience when faced with tire issues.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:00 AM   #367

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Michigan
THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_rvlife View Post
I have the same folding panels and the MPPT charge controller from DIY Solar for U (a Michigan based company). They do run random specials on the controllers for holidays, etc. so be on the look out. It has significant performance improvements over PWM controllers.
So far I've been very happy with both the Apollo (in my old camper) and higher-end Sol (in my Sanctuary) MPPT charge controllers from diysolarforu.com, and I just got a notice that they're running a flash sale Memorial Day only, 25% off with code MEM25.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:14 AM   #368

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Michigan
THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywoo View Post
Jay, could you post some details on where and how you mounted the Lagun table?

Thanks!
Ray
I've been meaning to make a video about my latest batch of improvements, including the Lagun table mount. Just too many things on my to-do list! In a nutshell I mounted it on the front face of the lower cabinet that holds the Truma heater, just left (aft) of the doors. There's a small extension box on the left side of the cabinet there that's just big enough for the Lagun mounting plate. That box is not made to take any real loads so I put a 1/4" aluminum backing plate inside plus a length of 1-1/2" x 1/4" aluminum angle to tie that to the top of the cabinet. I also needed a 1/4" spacer in front, to get the table post out far enough to clear the edge above.

I had to get longer bolts than were supplied with the table to go through the Lagun bracket, the 1/4" spacer, the 3/4" plywood, the 1/4" aluminum backing plate, and the 1/4" aluminum angle. Then I ran two bolts down through the top plywood to secure the angle to the cabinet top, and it's very sturdy. I reused the tabletop that came with the van, as it seems to be a good size for the space, but of course you could make your own. I mounted it a little off-center in both directions so we can change the position of the table by rotating 180 degrees.

This is one of the BEST upgrades we have done!
Old 05-26-2022, 03:27 AM   #369

State: Florida
THOR #26820
Mastervolt "device offline" error

I have a 2022 19P/LiPo unit with the batteries under the rear seat.

Today I was using the RVMaster app to shut off the AC and coach lights when a "overload fault" message appeared on the MasterVolt panel. The panel restarted, and now the screen page that normally has the inverter controls now has a "device offline" message where each function button used to be. None of the DC voltage devices work on the coach.

I flipped the rotary house power switch off and on. The safety relay switch was not popped open, and nothing happened when I cycled the switch on and off.

I noticed a on/off switch and circuit breaker reset button on the back of the Mastervolt box thats on the far left of the garage compartment. Nothing happened when I toggled the on/off switch and the breaker was not popped.

What am I missing here?

thanks!

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4248.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	37678   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4249.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	37679  

Old 05-26-2022, 10:26 PM   #370

Model: Tranquility
THOR #23742
Hi i want to do the same with Mirco wave can you lets us where you got the info to rewire to inverter? Or explain how you did it? have same rv. Thanks
Old 05-27-2022, 01:17 AM   #371

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
THOR #26179
Remove SP , Test to see Battery Voltage , to see if it's not just dead or low .

Try switching the ( Yellow )Safety Relay off for 5 min. , then switch it back on & reset the push in button . Then on the Inverter ,switch the "ON" / "Charge only " to Charge Only , then to "ON "& see what Indicator lights are light on top of the Inverter . Mine was stuck in SP & Charge , but it wasn't , but the Indicators lit showed this , I have a 3000/120 Inverter & the Indicator lights on top are , from left to right , " AC IN " , INVERTER " , " CHARGER " , then there are three imprints of Batteries in different charge Modes , with a corresponding Indicator Light , "BULK " , "Absorption ", & "FLOAT ". These Indicators are in front , top ,past the Terminals where the LI batteries & IN & OUT, AC Wirings are attached .

Thats how I got mine to reset when it had the same display on the remote display . I was playing around testing that Safety Switch , because I had no 120Volt period , no SP , Battery Inverter , none .

Works fine now , I have switched to SP & Inverter , no more issues . I even shut the Inverter "Off " & back on & everything is working as it should . Every Power Source , be it 12 volt or 120 volt , goes through the Inverter , if its off line , you may not have any power , for some reason mine was still powering up 12 Volt , just no 120V.

Good Luck , these are new to every one in RV land & they are showing up in Marine use also .
Old 05-27-2022, 01:27 AM   #372

THOR #26820
Wheel Shimmy Fixed!

https://www.uswheeladapters.com/shop...er-hr-850-841/

I ordered four rings and took it for a test drive. It was smoooooth all the way to 80 mph!
Old 05-27-2022, 06:05 AM   #373

THOR #25702
Quote:
Remove SP , Test to see Battery Voltage , to see if it's not just dead or low .

Try switching the ( Yellow )Safety Relay off for 5 min. , then switch it back on & reset the push in button . Then on the Inverter ,switch the "ON" / "Charge only " to Charge Only , then to "ON "& see what Indicator lights are light on top of the Inverter . Mine was stuck in SP & Charge , but it wasn't , but the Indicators lit showed this , I have a 3000/120 Inverter & the Indicator lights on top are , from left to right , " AC IN " , INVERTER " , " CHARGER " , then there are three imprints of Batteries in different charge Modes , with a corresponding Indicator Light , "BULK " , "Absorption ", & "FLOAT ". These Indicators are in front , top ,past the Terminals where the LI batteries & IN & OUT, AC Wirings are attached .

Thats how I got mine to reset when it had the same display on the remote display . I was playing around testing that Safety Switch , because I had no 120Volt period , no SP , Battery Inverter , none .

Works fine now , I have switched to SP & Inverter , no more issues . I even shut the Inverter "Off " & back on & everything is working as it should . Every Power Source , be it 12 volt or 120 volt , goes through the Inverter , if its off line , you may not have any power , for some reason mine was still powering up 12 Volt , just no 120V.

Good Luck , these are new to every one in RV land & they are showing up in Marine use also .
Seems that your knowledge of inverter far exceeds mine. All of sudden the inverter or fan on the inverter seems to run indefinitely . It continues to run even when shutting it down on the display. it will turn off after a couple minutes when turning off the battery disconnect. It seems to run when nothing is drawing off of it at all. Thor tech scratched their head and told me too make an appointment at a service center. Tried calling Master Volt but couldn't get through. any advice much appreciated . My service appt is June 22. I forgot to mention, A/C , microwave, everything seems to run fine. Many Thanks RS
Old 05-27-2022, 02:21 PM   #374

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Seems that your knowledge of inverter far exceeds mine. All of sudden the inverter or fan on the inverter seems to run indefinitely . It continues to run even when shutting it down on the display. it will turn off after a couple minutes when turning off the battery disconnect. It seems to run when nothing is drawing off of it at all. Thor tech scratched their head and told me too make an appointment at a service center. Tried calling Master Volt but couldn't get through. any advice much appreciated . My service appt is June 22. I forgot to mention, A/C , microwave, everything seems to run fine. Many Thanks RS
Please disregard . I spoke to a gentleman at Mastervolt that sorted things out. Its been hot here for a few days and the fan on the inverter will run continuously until ambient temperature drops to an acceptable level. My advise is bypass Thor and go directly to Mastervolt with questions or concerns with your inverter /battery system. Thanks RS
Old 05-28-2022, 01:01 AM   #375

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Please disregard . I spoke to a gentleman at Mastervolt that sorted things out. Its been hot here for a few days and the fan on the inverter will run continuously until ambient temperature drops to an acceptable level. My advise is bypass Thor and go directly to Mastervolt with questions or concerns with your inverter /battery system. Thanks RS
How or who did you talk to at MasterVolt , I could never get in touch with anyone .If you don't mind me asking ?
Old 05-28-2022, 02:31 AM   #376

THOR #25702
Quote:
How or who did you talk to at MasterVolt , I could never get in touch with anyone .If you don't mind me asking ?
I apologize, as I’m terrible with names. The # I have is : 800-307-6702. I’ve tried the last couple days around 10:00 California time with no luck on hold for 45 minutes. This morning I called at 6:30 and waited maybe 10 minutes. Good luck
Thanks RS
Old 05-29-2022, 08:25 PM   #377

Model: tranquility 19P
THOR #26546
velco to attach window screen

I used this velcro and It's working great:
VELCRO brand Extreme outdoor 15 lbs

I also bought at a "5 and below" store a jump rope made of a soft hollow rope that I cut into sections to fill the gaps between the screen and the frame, top and bottom, when the window is open and the screen is closed.
Here in Florida, you don't want gaps in your screening.
It's pink, but that bright color makes it easy to see to remove when closing the window.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:34 PM   #378

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjbrooks2017@gmail.com View Post
I used this velcro and It's working great:
VELCRO brand Extreme outdoor 15 lbs

I also bought at a "5 and below" store a jump rope made of a soft hollow rope that I cut into sections to fill the gaps between the screen and the frame, top and bottom, when the window is open and the screen is closed.
Here in Florida, you don't want gaps in your screening.
It's pink, but that bright color makes it easy to see to remove when closing the window.
I have to say I'm impressed with your creativity, and innovation . I do find it a little disappointing that were talking about repairing a 130,000.00$ vehicle with a 5.00$ jumprope. It really shouldn't be that way.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:50 AM   #379

THOR #22773
sorry, needed to delete message to Taros
Old 06-05-2022, 08:32 AM   #380

THOR #26638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay McClellan View Post
Yeah we're having fun with it and looking forward to the next trip. Today I'm making branch deflectors for the roof to protect the stuff up there from getting whacked. Next week I'm having the Van Compass 4.3 suspension package installed; it has the sumo springs in front and a leaf spring pack in the rear, plus adjustable shocks all around. I could handle sumo springs but for the full upgrade I'm having it done by a professional shop. They're also installing a winch bumper if it arrives in time. Then we're off to the U.P. again to try out the upgrades.
Hi, we’re interested in upgrading the suspension on our T19L and was wondering what made you decide on the Van Compass 4.3 vs let’s say the Agile Package? We’re undecided and was just looking for some feedback on how yu like your Van Compass upgrade. Thank you.