Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2020, 10:57 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...month/2215345/

Old 04-09-2020, 11:53 PM   #62

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
So do you fill your propane tank at the end of the Season?...

...Or the Start?

I fill ours at the end of our "Ohio" season so we are ready for our winter " "Florida" season. Since we don't normally head south until January 15th or so. I like to have a full tank for the furnace just in case we would get hung up somewhere for a few days on the way down.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM   #63

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Took our SCUBA unit out for a few days ( Self Contained Ultimate Biohazard Avoidance unit). Interfaced with no one closer than 10 ft and outdoors. Crowds and gas prices great. We never stay at commercial parks so can’t comment. Many public campgrounds closed but boondockerswelcome.com, BLM, and some National Forest campgrounds aviailable.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #64

Model: Vegas
State: Arizona
THOR #11153
Quote:
Is there going to be a test after Class?
Well. If there is I’d flunk it! But I don’t need graphs to tell me that when things are getting worse.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #65
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrykmsn View Post
Well. If there is I’d flunk it! But I don’t need graphs to tell me that when things are getting worse.
Amen...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #66
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
An interesting road trip article that is somewhat relevant:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/5132094002/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:10 PM   #67

Model: A.C.E 27.2
THOR #17210
We have continued our stay here in FL. Just paid for another months rent, taking us through till May 18th. Will travel back home to MI then.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #68

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Hopefully things will be in a more settled state by mid May, I hope...
Old 04-19-2020, 02:18 AM   #69

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
We have continued our stay here in FL. Just paid for another months rent, taking us through till May 18th. Will travel back home to MI then.
Smart to wait.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:46 AM   #70

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Have had numerous folks leave our park heading to various states north & east with several heading in to Canada with all reporting absolutely no issues getting to their destinations. All report fuel, hotel rooms, RV camp spots are available. Food was all drive thru or truck stops, but no problems.
One Canadian couple left here (southern Arizona) heading east to Florida to pick up their son & headed north into Canada with no one stopping them or questioning why or where they were heading, arrived home across the border safe & sound, but informed they were to self quarantine for 14 days.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:19 PM   #71

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #17787
Quote:
So do you fill your propane tank at the end of the Season?...

...Or the Start?
Fill it whenever it's empty because the season never ends.
AAL787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #72

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #17787
Quote:
You're not missing anything up here in Michigan. I wish I could trade places with you.
AAL787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:33 AM   #73

Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
I am going from NE Florida (Jacksonville) to central Lansing, Michigan. Any suggestions of the route 1-95 vs 1-75? This is not a planned trip as my brother is not doing well and I want to arrive quickly but safely, I have driven a SUV to Michigan but not the RV. Any suggestions of campsites with pull through sites along the route, Is there a service/club that can assist with reservations that you recommend? Any suggestions you can provide will be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #74

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
I understand what y'all are saying about staying in place, and I agree we all should adhere to that policy. I am not talking about taking a road trip for pleasure, where I would be stopping and staying at campgrounds for pleasure, and visiting attractions.

My wife and I would be staying overnight in rest stops, stopping only to refuel. We will have enough food with us that we will not have to be shopping, and having contact with anyone along the way. Same as the over the road truckers. I will be wearing nitrile gloves, and a bandanna when using my credit card to pay at the pump, and while actually pumping gas.

Anyways, this all just in the planning stage right now. Time, and conditions, will determine if we will even attempt this return home in two weeks. Thank you all for your opinions, and keep them coming. Stay safe everyone.
It is against the law for any State to block your entry on the in Interstate. It is federal law. They may stop you and ask where you are going. They may explain to you their virus concerns. They can ask for information on your travel but the bottom line is they can not stop you from traveling thru the state on the Interstate system.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #75

THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
I am going from NE Florida (Jacksonville) to central Lansing, Michigan. Any suggestions of the route 1-95 vs 1-75? This is not a planned trip as my brother is not doing well and I want to arrive quickly but safely, I have driven a SUV to Michigan but not the RV. Any suggestions of campsites with pull through sites along the route, Is there a service/club that can assist with reservations that you recommend? Any suggestions you can provide will be appreciated.
I 75. I go around Atlanta on 441. Macon to Commerce. Can't help with camp sites. Motels Walmart and truck stops are easier.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #76

State: North Carolina
THOR #19013
Last week we made a trip from North Carolina to Vermont for the burial of my father in law who passed away in Feb (could not put burial off) We did a lot of preplanning -loaded coach with food and water did thorough mechanical inspection left on a Sunday and avoided major Metro areas and stopped only for fuel and rest - and checked in advance what was open -no issues. Just do your homework
Old 06-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #77

Model: A.C.E 27.2
THOR #17210
We overnighted at Cracker Barrel's and WalMart's.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:57 PM   #78

Brand: Dutchmen
THOR #2904
Quote:
Take I95 to I26 to I40 to I75 into Michigan, it’s easier and you don’t have to go through Atlanta, which at times can take a 3 hour delay.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #79

THOR #16909
Quote:
Take I 75 north out of Florida, all the way to Toledo, Ohio. Just south of Toledo you will head west onto I 475 (Perrysville) and then take 475 west to 90 ( Maumee) across northern Ohio. I believe that 90 is a toll road. Take 90 west to I 69 north which goes directly into Lansing. I think this is the quickest way to make this trip. You will be avoiding most of the traffic that is around the western suburbs of Detroit and the Ann Arbor area.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #80

THOR #15553
take 441 around Atlanta. Macon to Commerce.