Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2022, 01:11 AM   #41
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Has anyone at the Thor Forums asked TMC if this forum could be allowed to post the copyrighted items? Them NOT allowing owners some knowledge exchanging would be ludicrous for business.

Just a thought.
TMC easily and happily provides these diagrams to any RV owner via the Thor Owners Resource portal. To allow them to be published on a public, non-affiliated website would pretty much void any copyright claim they would have on their confidential and proprietary property.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 03:26 AM   #42
dlt

State: California
THOR #23753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I guess you didn't read the fine print on that diagram?
oh, I did not read it.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:33 AM   #43
dlt

State: California
THOR #23753
The diagrams in the owners resource portal are not detail enough, but seems we can ask for the specific one from them. It will be much easier than to do reverse engineering.

Quote:
TMC easily and happily provides these diagrams to any RV owner via the Thor Owners Resource portal. To allow them to be published on a public, non-affiliated website would pretty much void any copyright claim they would have on their confidential and proprietary property.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:30 AM   #44

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
I understand why they may not...
But my question was, has anyone from the Forums staff actually asked if it would be OK to help each other with their specific diagrams? Maybe Janet H knows?
I can Google and receive thousands of Ford or Chev chassis wiring diagrams; I have gone and looked at hundreds of Winnebago wiring diagrams on their website and it is a joy to see all those diagrams, so readily available...
So, has anyone actually put in a formal request?
Old 12-05-2022, 09:30 PM   #45

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Had to replace that dang trombetta again 4th time, somehow they are getting burnt out internally, with a volt meter chassis shows 12.5v house shows 13.6v if I cycle the trombetta a few times it works for awhile but still gets really hot, after some research the trombetta 114-1211-010 is only a 200amp continuous duty, so I found a 500 amp from installbay part no ib500 exact mount and wiring as the old relay, so far after a hour it’s still cold to the touch, 13.6 both sides with 12.5 on the signal wire
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0A0A86CB-B244-48BC-984C-51D893867124.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	40294   Click image for larger version

Name:	2E1EDC6A-B854-4DDE-A79C-9A9A6EEB12C1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	40295  

Old 12-06-2022, 12:51 PM   #46

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
Had to replace that dang trombetta again 4th time, somehow they are getting burnt out internally, with a volt meter chassis shows 12.5v house shows 13.6v if I cycle the trombetta a few times it works for awhile but still gets really hot, after some research the trombetta 114-1211-010 is only a 200amp continuous duty, so I found a 500 amp from installbay part no ib500 exact mount and wiring as the old relay, so far after a hour it’s still cold to the touch, 13.6 both sides with 12.5 on the signal wire
This was from a person from 2017, Second was replacement of BIRD, Trombetta contactor, House disconnect contactor with Blue Sea Automatic Charging relay ML-ACR, and Remote Battery switch ML-RBS. Also, got rid of hanging fuses and replaced them with Blue Sea fuse block for 4 circuits. Also many people replace theirs with trombetta with ones made with better contactors inside