Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2020, 09:18 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
How much F11 does it take for a 30" coach? How far does the 16oz bottle last?

I used about half of a bottle on my 30 ft class A.

It does “wipe off” but it’s more a bit of a hand buff in that it takes several swipes. I’ve used a product called Voom for years because a dealer I used one time recommended it and said it’s what they use on their new and used inventory. It goes on and wipes off like water and I was always pleased with the results. F11 hasn’t seemed any better but I’ve only used it once and I have enough to try it again. It’s certainly much more expensive.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:01 AM   #42

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
I used one bottle of the last coat and it goes on about like F11.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #43

Model: Vegas 25.5 / Keystone Mon
State: Arkansas
THOR #20441
Fan of Protec-All. Use after a wash and in between on the Montana and Vegas. Easy spray on and wipe off. Nice shine and decals look great.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:40 AM   #44

State: Arkansas
THOR #19565
We stayed at Dakota Meadows in Prior Lake Minnesota (just south of Minneapolis) and we were surprised that they had a very nice RV wash bay with two sprayers, two brushes and scaffolding.

https://www.dakotahmeadows.com/ameni...serve-rv-wash/
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
I full time. I told myself, before I started this jaunt, I wasn't going to travel around like some redneck hillbilly. I try really hard to keep my stuff tight.

Finding a campground that'll let you wash your RV is becoming more rare as time goes on. Those that do, usually have an independent/isolated water supply (e.g. well) and the water can be very hard, leading to spotting.

I use Blue Beacon when I need to and have the chance. I sometimes find myself in situations where they're nowhere to be found - it becomes DIY. I don't mind doing it. It's just getting harder to find a place that will let you and I need a wax that holds up longer between 'finds'.

I recently booked a stay at a campground that had an RV wash on the grounds. I tested it with the towed. 2.5min for $1.50. By the time I got done washing the RV, if it did the job, and stopping to feed the machine, I could give Blue Beacon their $35 and still come out on top.

I'm praying I can find and pay a place to restore the gelcoat. It's fading fast and I want to try to save it before it really is too late.

What have you found works in my situation?

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:41 PM   #45
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Last weekend we took a day using Meguiar's Marine/RV fiberglass restoration system on our Axis. It did wonders removing 6 years of oxidation. Not sure how long it will last but it looks pretty good now. (Keep in mind it is a 3 step process: Apply/remove, apply/remove, apply/remove which means it feels like you've waxed the thing 3 times--we were both very sore afterwards LOL)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-06 08.12.14 (2).jpg
Views:	49
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	26020
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wash, wax