Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
We always level manually not auto must be perfect side to side,i place leveling device on the table pedestal floor mount on floor between drivers passenger seat, always hooked to shore power, run slides out 6 inches then back in and hold button for 5 seconds to sic motors in case slides moved a little during traveling, then extend.

Old 07-01-2021, 12:16 AM   #102

Model: Challenger 37FH
State: Florida
THOR #20111
We have the 37 FH and love it. We’ve had a few fairly minor issues that have been worked out for the most part. Love the floor plan. Plenty of room when you open up the slides. Had a friend who didn’t want to sleep on the bunk so we used an air mattress on the floor. It worked out great.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:34 AM   #103
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The discussion migrated to why full wall Schwintek in-wall slides are problematic on all coaches, gas and diesel, if they are heavily loaded. The statement was made that DP don't seem to have the full slide problems. I was just correcting the statement expensive expensive Entegra coaches don't use full wall slides because even Entegra can not build a reliable, heavy full wall slide using their in-floor system. Sorry for mucking the waters.
Have a Thor Palazzo 33.2. Main slide failed. A long story short. Turns out Swintek designed it and under designed the internal rails for the heaver slides. I have been told that over time with heavy slides the rails bend into the walls. Mine were replaced - long story over Covid-19 - that were redesigned by Lippert. Lippert purchased Swintek. So far so good.
Old 07-10-2021, 12:42 AM   #104

Model: Challanger
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16793
I purchased a 2020 37fh at the Hershey show
Old 07-10-2021, 01:13 AM   #105

THOR #16793
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
We purchased a 2019 fh at the Hershey show in September,full timing ,great coach couldn't be happier. 2200miles. All kinds of weather from Pa. to Fla. Best floor plan we have seen,works great.
I agree with the mileage and the spacious interior. We got about 12mpg heading to FL towing a jeep Cherokee.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:15 AM   #106

THOR #13399
Old 07-10-2021, 01:17 AM   #107

THOR #16793
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Why are we comparing $$$$ diesel coaches to $$ gas coaches, our 37fh is as close as we could get to diesel amenities in an affordable gas coach, i didn't want the expense and problems of clean diesel, DEF. Back to "HAS ANYONE PURCHASED A CHALLENGER 37FH ".
I did and I love it. We live in it full time Mid Oct. to end of April in FL. Then move it to Pa and live in it on and off for the remaining months until we return to FL
Old 07-10-2021, 01:22 AM   #108

THOR #16793
road drift and sway

I could use some input on 4 Sono springs for a 37fh I find it is very sloppy on the road. I am thinking or pairing them with a Roadmaster steering stabilizer and rear sway bar
Old 07-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #109

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice View Post
I agree with the mileage and the spacious interior. We got about 12mpg heading to FL towing a jeep Cherokee.
Let me get this straight! You got 12 mpg in a 37 ft V10 of V8 gas motorhome towing? How?
Old 07-10-2021, 12:35 PM   #110

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Let me get this straight! You got 12 mpg in a 37 ft V10 of V8 gas motorhome towing? How?

Yes! Inquiring minds want to know. I get about 6.5-7 in my 30 ft towing a Jeep or not.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #111

THOR #13399
7mpg towing small suv downhill with big tailwind usually more like 6.
Old 12-13-2021, 02:25 AM   #112

Model: 2018 Thor Challenger 37FH
State: Ohio
THOR #16271
Any one look at the Liquid Spring LLC suspension replacement system? The have both rear and front solutions, which they call the 4 corner upgrade. Replaces the leaf springs and shocks with a four corner liquid struts and smart technology that monitors the system and driving variables and makes instant adjustments to the ride independently. Not cheap but I doing the research to see if this is an option to consider. We want to keep the 37FH and not trade up into a DP. Several Ford F53 gas owners who first did the upgrades with sumo springs, sway bars, track bars and the like to enhance the suspension, have moved to the Liquid Spring solution and are very happy with the results.

I want to reach out to the 37 FH community here to see what you may have heard or done.

Update on 24 foot side issue. We purchased slide locks and traveled our planned summer season and took our RV in for slide repairs on both the PS 24foot side and the DS slide as it failed with a big Pop/Bag when retracting the slide on our last day of our last trip. Rear of DS slide would not extend after that.

I am wondering if all the vibration from the chassis/leaf springs is also causing slide track/motor failure along with other DYI repairs. I have fixed loose drawers, doors and wall boards around the 1/2 bath that have popped loose over the years. We have about 39 K miles now on the coach since our purchase in February 2018. I just retired and my wife is planning to do the same in three years.
Old 12-13-2021, 02:33 AM   #113

THOR #16271
We also upgrades our toad vehicle this past spring from a 2010 Honda Fit manual to a 2019 Chevy Traverse. Thank you to the forum for assistance on get the transmission setting fix ready for the the season. Our first real trip was a 5200 mile trip to Washing DC to pick up my son, then off to Glacier National park in Montana with several stops come and going to sightsee.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:07 AM   #114
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
Any one look at the Liquid Spring LLC suspension replacement system? The have both rear and front solutions, which they call the 4 corner upgrade. Replaces the leaf springs and shocks with a four corner liquid struts and smart technology that monitors the system and driving variables and makes instant adjustments to the ride independently. Not cheap but I doing the research to see if this is an option to consider. We want to keep the 37FH and not trade up into a DP. Several Ford F53 gas owners who first did the upgrades with sumo springs, sway bars, track bars and the like to enhance the suspension, have moved to the Liquid Spring solution and are very happy with the results.

I want to reach out to the 37 FH community here to see what you may have heard or done.

Update on 24 foot side issue. We purchased slide locks and traveled our planned summer season and took our RV in for slide repairs on both the PS 24foot side and the DS slide as it failed with a big Pop/Bag when retracting the slide on our last day of our last trip. Rear of DS slide would not extend after that.

I am wondering if all the vibration from the chassis/leaf springs is also causing slide track/motor failure along with other DYI repairs. I have fixed loose drawers, doors and wall boards around the 1/2 bath that have popped loose over the years. We have about 39 K miles now on the coach since our purchase in February 2018. I just retired and my wife is planning to do the same in three years.
Did you see this thread?

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...ons-29201.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 03:49 AM   #115

THOR #16271
Liquid Spring

I have not seen these posts. I will look at these and others as part of my research.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2021, 03:09 PM   #116

THOR #13399
Check your floor rollers especially the ones at each end there adjustable my front roller started sinking into the flooring that puts a lot of pressure on slide rails,and chews them up.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #117

THOR #16271
Schwintek slide

Were you ablt to DYI adjust the rollers? How do you access the roller adjustment are? Are all of the rollers on each adjustable?

Whin I looked at the tracks the PS slide and DS slide, the are chewed up at the outside edges.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:55 PM   #118

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Were you ablt to DYI adjust the rollers? How do you access the roller adjustment are? Are all of the rollers on each adjustable?

Whin I looked at the tracks the PS slide and DS slide, the are chewed up at the outside edges.
When we bought our new Miramar in 2016, the dealer showed me where the rollers went off the metal plate. It was just too short so he added additional plates to support the rollers. He said it would eventually ruin the wood underneath and then wear out the rollers.

Could you do the same for yours?
Old 12-13-2021, 04:19 PM   #119
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:

Learned a lot about just how much drag is created by the slide walls, roof and the under slide. You have to keep them waxed and clean. Also need to clean and lube the seals. All this on a regular basis or the drag will eventually cause failure of the slide components. We have a large slide with Schwintek system. It now works well so long as I keep the seals clean and lubed, walls roof, and bottom clean and waxed.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:29 PM   #120

THOR #16271
Slide maintenance

MLP -

Good to know. I have not been as diligent with slide care when I was working. now that I am retired, as of July 23, I will will have to put together my to do list
to keep all the moving part properly maintained.

Miramar -

Once I get my coach back I will look at the slide roller plates again on each slide room. I do believe that I have not noticed any roller wear off the sides of the roller plates, but I was not purposely looking for that issue. I have always tried to dry lube the slide wall "gib" for each end of each slide room several times a season and putting rubber seal protectant on the seals at that time. I have not cleansed or waxed the slide walls or slide room under the topper, so I need to add that to my to do list.