Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The link provided by taylorbob shows whw are 32% off retail right now at cw.
Will the $59 install work for these?

Old 05-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #22

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
I purchase the Bullseyeleveling system on our 2015 24.1 I installed the unit and am very pleased. I decided with this because it’s all electric a motor for each leg, not a bunch of hoses and a pump and all that is associated with those systems.. and of course less weight and they fold up next to the frame not hanging down like others.. you’ll read that the reviews are a bit alarming but the only issue I experienced was a delay in shipping a few weeks..
Old 05-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #23

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015axis View Post
I purchase the Bullseyeleveling system on our 2015 24.1 I installed the unit and am very pleased. I decided with this because it’s all electric a motor for each leg, not a bunch of hoses and a pump and all that is associated with those systems.. and of course less weight and they fold up next to the frame not hanging down like others.. you’ll read that the reviews are a bit alarming but the only issue I experienced was a delay in shipping a few weeks..
F rated through the BBB.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:34 PM   #24

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015axis View Post

i was scared-off by all the bad reviews
hope your system works flawlessly forever
Old 05-29-2019, 09:35 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
20 yrs. I have never leveled. I do carry two sets of blocks with me. I guess I like wasting storage space. Keep the $$$.
Almost the same for me over 20 years. Rarely need anything — I’m not that particular about being perfectly level. A couple of times used a 2-ft-long 2 X 12 under rear tires on one side, but normally get level sites or find a level area to park on. I primarily carry the 2 X 12 in case I need it for the jack, not for leveling.

It’s another advantage of smaller rigs and those without slides. Easier to find level area within site and no need to be that level. Fridge worked fine if close to level. For me, sleeping determines how level I need the RV to be.

Now that I think about it, the board was used on 30-Ft Cs with long wheelbase. Can’t recall ever using boards on van or shorter 24-ft Cs.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:59 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree: it's a job best left to the experts...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #27

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
Best left to experts..only if you have disposable income.. myself that's the beauty of the Bulls Eye Leveling System if you can drill a hole and do basic wiring you will save at least a grand on labor.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
I DIY a single pump, manual, 12K lbs Quadra system. Pay a Craigslist mobile welder $100 to weld the jack and pump mounts then got to work. Took a couple of cold February after work evenings but well worth it. I went with Quadra rather than HWH for the power retract rather than spring retract. Might be a little slower but not much in a camp site that can hold against the pull of 12,000 lbs. I think my final cost wa a bit under $3K back in 2013.

Manual leveling is pretty simple. First level front the back THEN side to side. Jack only work in pairs so I'll set the front or back whichever is the high end then raise the low end to level. Then raise which ever side is low. And done.

Only had one problem so far with a leaking solenoid. Took the suspect o-rings to NAPA and $1.50 later leak was fixed. And only fill the oil tank with the jacks retracted.

If you look closely at the pump there is a switch on the left side. It's an override all jacks retract. As long as you have 12VDC the switch will set all the solenoids for retract and turn the pump on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00775.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	17742   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00045.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	17744  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00052.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	17745  
Old 05-29-2019, 11:17 PM   #29

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I had The Equalizers installed on my mh. They work great and I can control them from my smart phone. They are a bit pricey but no return springs are need on them like the HWH system uses.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:35 AM   #30

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
It's a case of different strokes for different folks.

We have had good results with the HWH auto kick downs. Our travels involve a lot of different locations. We rarely stay at any one spot more than a week.

If our travels involved staying in one spot for longer stretches, the blocks would be ok. Besides the leveling aspect, we like the stability that the jacks provide. That's especially nice when one of us is sleeping and the other one is walking around.

Another consideration, we plan to keep our coach for several years and we expect to use it for many nights each year. So, the cost/night of the jacks is less than for some, and worth it for us. Your results will vary...
Old 05-30-2019, 03:19 AM   #31

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Never had leveling jacks with our Gulfstream B Touring Cruiser for the 12 years we had the rig. I carried a set of wood blocks I had cut from scaffold planks either a drive up 2 block or a drive up single block. Worked well enough for the small unit that the B+ was. Now this ACE has the LCI Motorized Plus system on it and I must say it rocks compared to crawling around placing blocks figuring which side and which tire needed how many blocks to level up. In addition the MH doesn't rock and wake up the spouse when I get up for a late night snack. If I were to get rid of this unit I would not go back to a MH without levelers. Just my .02 get the best you can afford. The Lippert system is OK but as it is a Thor factory install I'm sure there are better levelers out there
Old 05-31-2019, 03:03 AM   #32

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
I guess i’ve been lucky because I’ve been able to get by using my Level-mate-pro and a set of Anderson ramps.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:09 AM   #33

THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
I guess i’ve been lucky because I’ve been able to get by using my Level-mate-pro and a set of Anderson ramps.
I don’t see the option as ‘getting by’ we can all get by like our rv forefathers. It’s a matter of convenience, simplicity, and saving time. It’s to bad it needs to be weighed against our budgets. 😊
Old 05-31-2019, 11:37 AM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Our Forefathers were a much tougher breed...
Time and Technology march on...

My Equalizer system isn't Bluetooth-enable. I think that it was produced right before they added this feature...

The Youth of today has it soooooo... easy!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:23 PM   #35

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
I don’t see the option as ‘getting by’ we can all get by like our rv forefathers. It’s a matter of convenience, simplicity, and saving time. It’s to bad it needs to be weighed against our budgets. 😊
You hit the nail on the head. BUDGET is the key factor.
Yes, we’ve come a long way from camping in a canvas tent to the Motorhomes of today. But, then, as now, budget was the controlling factor.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #36

State: North Carolina
THOR #8987
Levelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
OK, we're picking up a brand new Vegas 24.1 next week. Debating between leveling systems. I've read too many threads dealing with this, some very old, some get off topic, etc. Please understand that I am NOT the person who is going to "trial and error" with blocks on the ground; my apologies if that sounds lazy, but I know my limitations.

A quick ten second reply will be great, if you would appease me. Should I go with:

A. Bigfoot (about an hour away, $4200 all in for fully automatic)

B. HWH (about an hour away, $4500 all in for fully automatic)

C. Something else (please share what that might be!)

D. None at all, haven't needed them.

Thanks for your quick reply!

tim
I installed the Bigfoot manual system. It pre levels and then you take it front there if needed. Works great and good investment. I had a professional install it.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #37

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #7188
The third alternative

Drive on blocks are an inexpensive nuisance, and hydraulic or electric lifts are an expensive convenience, but there is a middle choice: scissor jacks ($100) and a big cordless DeWalt Joist and Stud Drill ($400). My Vegas 24.1 has a scissor jack at each corner and that DeWalt drill will lift the wheels off the ground.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #38

State: North Carolina
THOR #8987
I don’t think the jacks are designed for leveling more so for stabilization. I have a Vegas 24.1 2018, but it doesn’t have stabilizing jacks.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #39

Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipreville View Post
I installed the Bigfoot manual system. It pre levels and then you take it front there if needed. Works great and good investment. I had a professional install it.
That's what I'm having put on this Thursday. Having it done right at the manufacturer in White Pigeon MI.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #40

THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipreville View Post
I don’t think the jacks are designed for leveling more so for stabilization. I have a Vegas 24.1 2018, but it doesn’t have stabilizing jacks.
What are you referring 2?