Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Sewer Hose Storage

Here is a picture of the blackwater connection on rear of coach. It looks like the center of the cap is 11 1/2 inches off the ground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1390.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	30245  

Old 05-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #62

State: Alabama
THOR #23075
So it appears that with a 90 down elbow that might just slip inside a 9 inch high cassette. That is a good starting point to narrow things down. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:47 AM   #63

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3342 View Post
Thanks all - I had a Valterra sewer hose caddy installed on the rear bumper and it works fine. Looks OK as it's black and it's not in the way.
James can you post a picture of your install? Want to see what it looks like before I go down that path.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #64

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellaroJeff View Post
It worked perfectly. Fits in storage space, attachments went on and off easily. No leaks. Only one use so far, but I think I finally have a solution.

Jeff,

Just picked up our new Tellaro. Can you post a link to the sewer hose you bought? Looked on the Prest-o-fit website and they have quite a few different ones.

Thank you
Old 05-16-2021, 01:30 PM   #65

THOR #23123
Prest-O-Fit Doesn’t Fit

Well I bought the Prest-O-Fit 1-0203 hoping it would fit in the Tellaro sewer hose storage location. On my Tellaro 20LT its a no go, and now I am sure that no useful sewer hose will fit in this location. The problem is the bend in the pipe, the Prest-O-Fit goes into the storage pipe until it reaches the bend. Even though the hoses are flexible they are not flexible enough to make the turn, at least not the one in my Tellaro.

So its back to installing some type of tube. Just looking for the best place to do that. I am considering adding a Yakima Exo system swing base and cargo rack to the hitch and hanging the pipe on that.

Today I will be searching for install locations that look good. My Tellaro is parked in the driveway as a “van” so I have to be careful not to anger the HOA crazies.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #66

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Can you mount tubes vertically and claim they contain fishing rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSheepDog View Post
Well I bought the Prest-O-Fit 1-0203 hoping it would fit in the Tellaro sewer hose storage location. On my Tellaro 20LT its a no go, and now I am sure that no useful sewer hose will fit in this location. The problem is the bend in the pipe, the Prest-O-Fit goes into the storage pipe until it reaches the bend. Even though the hoses are flexible they are not flexible enough to make the turn, at least not the one in my Tellaro.

So its back to installing some type of tube. Just looking for the best place to do that. I am considering adding a Yakima Exo system swing base and cargo rack to the hitch and hanging the pipe on that.

Today I will be searching for install locations that look good. My Tellaro is parked in the driveway as a “van” so I have to be careful not to anger the HOA crazies.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #67

Model: Sequence 20L
State: Washington
THOR #21536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Hi James,
Do you have pics? .

Yes - See https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=23 and

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=27
Old 05-17-2021, 12:38 AM   #68

THOR #23075
Quote:

Wait a sec. TellaroJeff said his fit just fine???
Old 05-17-2021, 01:23 AM   #69

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorlo View Post
Wait a sec. TellaroJeff said his fit just fine???
Not on mine, the tube turns to sharply and the end of the Prest-o-fit won’t make the turn.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:17 PM   #70

THOR #23075
What layout do you have?
Old 05-19-2021, 01:10 AM   #71

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorlo View Post
What layout do you have?
I have the 20L (twin beds)
Old 05-21-2021, 12:58 PM   #72

THOR #22773
Seriously guys ... the last think I want to do at the campsite is piece together my sewer hose connects. Thor really dropped the ball on this pathetic excuse for a storage space ... that space may be good for something else (IDK what ... paper clips?).
Old 05-25-2021, 02:23 AM   #73

THOR #23123
Installed an EZ Hose Carrier

So installed a 46” EZ Hose Carrier today. Stores one 10’ hose and the elbow attachment. Right now its zip tied to the passenger side running board frame. It’s stable but I will look for a better hanging method. The zip ties are secure though, they are each rated at 120 pounds. It looks low but there are other things lower.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B7472625-8B02-4078-AA38-0979E7E899C4.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	30775   Click image for larger version

Name:	21D6D250-6211-4AF8-A000-FC609C42130E.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	30776  

Old 06-20-2021, 02:48 PM   #74

Model: Thor Sequence 20L
THOR #23892
I have a Sequence 20L. I bought one of the Presto Fits, too, and it won't make the turn.

I've been using a 10' Camco hose and just using a bare hose end at dump stations. For hooking up at campsites I have one of the Camco Easy Slip elbow fittings for the bare hose end. The hose still isn't long enough sometimes, but you have a lot of flexibility about where you park with a van.

I may get one of those storage tubes anyway.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:41 PM   #75

THOR #22773
Quote:
So installed a 46” EZ Hose Carrier today. Stores one 10’ hose and the elbow attachment. Right now its zip tied to the passenger side running board frame. It’s stable but I will look for a better hanging method. The zip ties are secure though, they are each rated at 120 pounds. It looks low but there are other things lower.
Pretty much the same thing I did with some home depo parts ... and I am still using the zip tie method 10000 miles in.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:59 AM   #76

THOR #23123
I plan on moving my hose carrier onto the back of the Exo box. Will use the Valtera one that I bought and make a second out of a vinyl fence pose cover.

I did add a 3rd valve to the dump station. I found that no matter what I did there was water at the cap, grey luckily, but every time I opened it water would run out. I added this…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1DBF22D6-56A1-44E4-923A-F6A347EDC5A2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	31584   Click image for larger version

Name:	402B3E21-76C5-4C76-95FF-45750858ADBE.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	31585  

Old 12-18-2021, 08:12 PM   #77

THOR #25589
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3342 View Post
BUMP for anyone with a Sequence who solved this.
Bought a Valltera hose caddy and mounted it under the Thule bic le carrier with screw-type hose clamps and 120 pound tensile strength zip ties. Put a second one on the roof rack. Works well.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:09 PM   #78

Model: Thor Sequence 20L
THOR #23892
Camco has a new version of this called the Rhinoflex hose system. The hose stays in shape whichever way you bend it, which helps a lot. I got a 10' piece with a bare end and it fits perfectly in the compartment. I got their removeable hose coupler with the locking ring that goes on the bare end when I want to hook up to a campsite sewer. Works very well unless you need a longer hose.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:20 PM   #79

Model: Tellaro
State: Illinois
THOR #24062
SBAK - Where did you find a 90 to fit the THOR hose? OR Did you buy a different hose that fits the THOR compartment? New to this and trying not to add a hose carrier somewhere else on the van. Thanks
Old 05-10-2022, 11:58 PM   #80

Model: Tellaro LT
State: Ohio
THOR #24574
Hose storage

4 foot length of 6” PVC and conduit carrier kit from Amazon. Added some hardware and mounted to bike rack. I was not going to put the hose inside; yech!