Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2021, 02:02 AM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tranquility
State: California
THOR #23742
We got Agile Tranquility P with the electric bed. Yes, not much storage at first look but it turns out we got all of what we needed for our trips. We are 60's and jumping up to get in bed was not a good option. Did get a trash bag for over the spare and looking maybe a small hitch box. Our first RV and have heard all the issues with even the high-end sprinters. We had an issue with fan and it on order, the other is the bed, the side pull-outs when they are down the brackets sits high and you can feel it if you roll over on to it . Thor is looking into it but i think we can work around it. Only put 200 miles on it with one trip so still working things out. But yes 130k is better than 180k but a lot of money either way.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:25 PM   #82

THOR #24020
Did anyone consider getting a custom build before buying a readymade one? Price ends up being about the same, including the rig, so was just considering that as an option.
It takes more time, but thought I'd ask the group your opinion and advice if you experienced this option.
thank you
Ben
Old 07-01-2021, 10:46 PM   #83

THOR #23742
Yes looked into getting one built out but they were all 14/18 months out till finished and I don't think that was a firm date. From what I hear there are a lot of units ready to go to dealers but just missing one or two items that are back-ordered so that another issue for getting one built. We liked the color on our Van and the interiors on almost all the rv we looked at looked cheap to me.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #84

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #24060
Spare tire

Just wondering how the spare tire is attached? There is no room underneath with either the generator or lithium package.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:59 AM   #85

Model: Tranquility "P"
State: Florida
THOR #23612
[QUOTE=Rubis;301752]Just wondering how the spare tire is attached? I have the "P" model with the Lithium package and the battery pack was installed underneath the van in the spare tire compartment. So... no spare, then under the passenger seat, where the tire jack should have been are some more Master Volt components.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:53 PM   #86

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Guys, I have decided to sell my tellaro and purchase the tranquillity 19P. My biggest complaint with the Tellaro is the dodge Promaster platform as driving at highway speeds requires too much inputs into the steering. Also I believe it is a bit underpowered for mountains and towing. I would love to hear some first hand experience with highway driving with the tranquillity ... how does it track ... can you hold 70-75-80 mph without constant downshifting, how is it on hills or towing ... the reason I am concerned is that 188 hp does not seem like much for such a heavy vehicle. The torque of 325 seem nice ... any comments would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2021, 12:10 AM   #87

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
Guys, I have decided to sell my tellaro and purchase the tranquillity 19P. My biggest complaint with the Tellaro is the dodge Promaster platform as driving at highway speeds requires too much inputs into the steering. Also I believe it is a bit underpowered for mountains and towing. I would love to hear some first hand experience with highway driving with the tranquillity ... how does it track ... can you hold 70-75-80 mph without constant downshifting, how is it on hills or towing ... the reason I am concerned is that 188 hp does not seem like much for such a heavy vehicle. The torque of 325 seem nice ... any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

Why not just go test drive one? I don’t think there is any way we can tell if you’ll like it. Personally, I don’t think any RV is meant to be driven at 80 mph but maybe that’s just me. Good luck with your upgrade.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:15 AM   #88

THOR #23742
Yes, a test drive is the best for sure. I have had the tranquility up to 75 mph for a few miles on the last trip just to see what it felt like and really no big difference from 65 and I think it tracks well. But keeping it at 63-68 on cruise control for us.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #89

THOR #22773
I have a test drive set-up for next weekend but just wanted other opinions.

I hear everyone saying "why go faster than 65". but for me, I want an RV that can cruise with traffic without any drama whatsoever ... here in FL that is 70-75. In fact, in most of the southern and western states the speed limit is somewhere between 70 - 85 on the highways. I certainly do not need to be blazing along at 85, but 70-75 is a must for me.
Old 08-28-2021, 12:50 PM   #90

THOR #22773
A few people on this thread have asked about PDI ... here is one ... I did not buy this unit as it had the awning problem (and the bracket issue as well)

Also not a big fan of the door screens
Old 08-28-2021, 12:53 PM   #91

THOR #22773
Also, here is a quick walk through of the 19L

The rear platform bed and the tightness between the refrigerator and the bathroom need to be considered with this model
Old 10-11-2021, 02:21 PM   #92

State: Arizona
THOR #25086
Lithium system questions

We are in the process of purchasing a 2022 tranquility 19 p with lithium system, we were told it has 11000 kw does it have 2 batteries or one?
Old 10-11-2021, 02:58 PM   #93

THOR #22773
Here are things to look for when you purchase the Tranquility or sanctuary

Old 10-12-2021, 10:38 PM   #94

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRG View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a 2022 tranquility 19 p with lithium system, we were told it has 11000 kw does it have 2 batteries or one?

We just purchased a 19 p and it has 1 house 400 AH lithium battery. There is an upgrade to have 2.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:05 PM   #95

THOR #22737
I purchased a Thor tranquility in April. Almost everything inside the RV is broken. The converter or the inverter the inverter switch the kitchen fan the bathroom fan the awning the refrigerator all of the window coverings are broken, the barn door screen is broken, the front seat wires were ripped one swiveling the seat I couldn’t drive my car for a month, now there is a water leak. This is terrible because it is causing a mildew smell. I attempted to make an appointment to have it fixed and I cannot be seen until January 25. I will have had my motorhome for almost an entire year without all of these items working. And I’m paying a monthly payment every month. I called Thor and I get nowhere. I am so frustrated at this point. I love the van but the problems are almost the entire recreational vehicle side. The chassis has no problems. I really wish someone from Thor would reach out to me.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #96

THOR #22737
I didn’t go through the entire list of broken items. I only listed what was in my head. I have 27 items that are broken in the RV side of the van. Things as important as the refrigerator, inverter, converter, awning, water pump!
Old 10-15-2021, 08:09 PM   #97

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Drive to Indiana and get them to fix!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:17 PM   #98

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca.73@icloud.com View Post
I didn’t go through the entire list of broken items. I only listed what was in my head. I have 27 items that are broken in the RV side of the van. Things as important as the refrigerator, inverter, converter, awning, water pump!

We bought ours 5 weeks ago. Took a 2 week trip and definitely had a list of issues. All with the RV none with the Mercedes. We bought in at La Mesa RV in San Diego. They were suppose to schedule an appointment for 30 days after purchase. They never called. I called when we got home and got an appointment for this past Wednesday. Took it in, they were very receptive. Although some of our issues require replacement parts from Thor, so La Mesa RV will fix what they can now and order parts from Thor and will schedule another appointment when parts come in. The repair lot was full of RVs. They did say that parts supply is slow. Maybe reach out to another service center?
Old 10-15-2021, 08:29 PM   #99

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I got in the middle and parts shipped quickly to dealer..service centers slow updating thor with pictures and parts needed
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:19 AM   #100

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca.73@icloud.com View Post
I purchased a Thor tranquility in April. Almost everything inside the RV is broken. The converter or the inverter the inverter switch the kitchen fan the bathroom fan the awning the refrigerator all of the window coverings are broken, the barn door screen is broken, the front seat wires were ripped one swiveling the seat I couldn’t drive my car for a month, now there is a water leak. This is terrible because it is causing a mildew smell. I attempted to make an appointment to have it fixed and I cannot be seen until January 25. I will have had my motorhome for almost an entire year without all of these items working. And I’m paying a monthly payment every month. I called Thor and I get nowhere. I am so frustrated at this point. I love the van but the problems are almost the entire recreational vehicle side. The chassis has no problems. I really wish someone from Thor would reach out to me.

With respect, waiting or hoping someone will reach out and fix you up isn’t enough. YOU need to take charge and get it fixed. I agree with the suggestion that you take it to the factory service center in Indiana- if you can get a timely appointment. Otherwise I’d encourage you to find a good, independent repair shop. It’s likely they can fix you right up. Good luck.